Birthday Party for a 2 Year Old

Hello, I was looking for some ideas on where to have a birthday party for my daughter this May. She is going to be 2 years old and I will be 37-38 weeks pregnant so I'm looking for easy. I live in Brighton, MI and would like something within 10-15 miles. I have considered the Castaway Cafe in Howell, but would like any other ideas that you might have. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Wow!!! What wonderful ideas :o) Thank you all so much for the ideas. They were all very helpful. If I don't use some of them this year I will definitely keep in mind for the future. Thanks again!!!

Hi A.:

I live in the Brighton Area also, I had my childrens party at Domino's Farms. It was really nice, they give you a house and kids get to use the farm fully, as well as pony rides. We did it in December, it was chilly, but the barn was warm and the house was really nice. They were good to work with and very accomidating. It includes a hay ride, as well as pizza, water and soda, all for around 250.00.

Kensington Farm also will do kids parties, I have not had it there, but have been to one, it was nice.

Hope this helps!

Hi A..

I happen to have just listed my Party Theme consulting business on this website. I can make "easy" be at home with a few inexpensive decorations and some fun games and other ideas. I do however understand...Castaway Cafe does all the cooking and the cleaning up so I definitely can appreciate that. If your interested please check out my Blog ...Theme's By D.. thanks and good luck.

I was in the same position a few years ago - 2nd birthday party and very pregant. I had my childs at the rainbow recreation store on grand river in south lyon. It is the retail store for all the rainbow playground equipment but they have cute themed party rooms. You can bring any food you want and the kids have the run of the place to play, climb, and have a great time. I have had 2 parties there and both times we were the only ones there - so it was easy for the parents to hang out and the kids got to play.

I also have a 5 year old with a May birthday - last year we had his party at Kensington Farm Center. They have a great party room you can rent (cheap) - we brought juice boxes, pizza, and cake (you can bring whatever you want). Than I secheduled a private hayride for the kids. May is a fun month at the farm because all the baby animals at born. I bought cowboy at from oriantal trader for favors -the kids loved it.

Good luck with the party and new baby.

Castaway is fun but tough with 2 y.o. especially if you are prego. My 4 y.o. had her bday party there in december and my then 20 month old needed some assistance in the 'big kid' part of the playscape. Since his sister and the older kids were all playing on that part, he didn't want to stay confined to the baby area. I can only imagine that if I were super pregnant, I wouldn't have been able to navigate inside the rope ladders and slides so well, if at all. You could try Pump It Up! out in Wixom, it's still about a 25 minute drive from Brighton, but you will be a lot more comfortable and the kids absolutely loved it when my 2 y.o. had his party there earlier this month. Since the weather will be nicer in May maybe you could try to doing something out at Kensington at the Farm or at Spicer's Orchard. With a 2 y.o. you can keep it pretty simple and still have a great time.

Hi A.. My name is L., and I also live in Brighton, MI. I took my now 7 year old to McDonalds and bought lunch for some of his friends. He wanted Castaway Cafe, but it was expensive for our budget. Things went very well, and it was cheap and easy.

HI there, my daughter has a May birthday as well she will be 3. Does your daughter like Chuck. E. Cheese? we are having hers there this year. castaway cafe is nice too! the closest chuck e cheese is novi. ok hope this helps!

Doesn't McDonald's set aside the playroom anymore. I can't imagine anything easier than that. Check into it. You need as much easy as possible.

What about McDonald's. They have a play structure there too.

Hi A.-We had a GREAT 2 year old party in May last year. I'm in Brighton, too. We had everyone meet us at the Kensington Park Farm. They have lots of picnic tables available--or you can rent a party room very inexpensively. We had a picnic lunch/cake/ice cream etc. and then we all went on a hayride, which the kids LOVED. They are also free to just wander around the farm looking at all of the animals. It was a great day and I think we might do it again this year. Have fun! K.

1 / 3