Birthday Party for a 13 Year Old Boy. Help!

My son is turning 13 and I have no idea what to do. He recently went to a girls birthday party at a reception hall. I don't want to copy but I want to do something fun that he will always remember and that is cool and not babyish. HELP!!!

Have it at a community pool, Bowling alley, or ask him what he thinks would be a great b-day party and go from there.

You could take them to a roller rink or ice skating rink. That is always fun. How about a bowling party??

Have you given thought to something active like bowling or a swim party at the Y? I know my kids all love to do things like that - and there is little you then have to do for prep work. :-)

good Luck!

We just had our son's 13th this November. We did it at home. We did the "corny" stuff because he hadn't in a long time. I just tweaked it to Jr. High humor. We had the party in our garage. He invited both girls and boys, and we had another set of parents help us chaperone. They knew they would not be left unsupervised! Anyway, we did musical chairs; only I used their music and instead of grouping the chairs I left them around the tables and they had to move all around the garage. We split up into 3 teams and I gave out finger paint and confetti. They had a theme and the winning team got full size Snickers bars. Then they played hide and seed (at their request) in the dark for about 40 minutes. We had no problem hearing them. Then we ate. The last thing we did was a pinata. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but other parents came back and told me how much fun their particular child had. I personally have never laughed so much. But no matter what you do, have fun!

I would ask him. In Grand Rapids we have a place called Craig's Cruisers. It has some arcade games, go cart track, laser tag, things that older kids would enjoy more than my little ones. They also have private party rooms (or at least they used to). If you have something around like that, it might be enjoyed by kids his age. However, he may have some ideas of his own.

Depends on your funds...my son is turning 16 this year. the past few birthdays we've had a hall party, with a DJ. We've rented a hotel room and had kids over to swim in the pool and rented a movie or the game system in the room. There is always laser tag or paintball (depending on what time of year) And he even let us get away with something easy one year...(well...easy on the checkbook) I think it was either his 12th or 13th...he had about 10 boys over, and they were all instructed to bring their nerf guns and "ammo"! They ran all over the house and outside shooting eachother with Nerf! it was hilarious! I was surprised that something so easy was one of his best parties.

We had a pool party at a local hotel. You should check and see if anything like that is available where you live. The hotel near us offered the party from 3:00-9:00 p.m. on Sundays thru Thursdays. We picked Sunday. It was $60 and $5 extra for every kid over a quantity of 5, I think. They had access to the pool, one suite for changing and watching tv, and access to the big screen movie room. We brought in pizza and pop and used the breakfast area for that and the cake and ice cream. Big hit, lots of fun.

Dave & Busters, Laser Quest, Joe Dumars Field House www.joedumarsfieldhouse.com, bowling

We did a sliding party for our 13 year old. Boys always
have so much energy so this was LOVED but also took the
job of exercise. Afterwards we stopped to get food,
subway, mc d's.?? Whatever suits you.
We always remember the birthday.
L. from Alto

When my son was around that age, I had a b-day party for him at a lazer tag place. Him and his friends had a ball and it was something different and then maybe he can have some buddies sleep over as well. My house was trashed with all the boys but again he had alot of fun:) Hope this helps...Good luck!

There is a place just off of M23 called "Challenge Zone" or something like that. I think they have zip lines, and climbing walls etc, that might be fun.

Ask him what he wants, he might just want some friends so spend the night, you could do game where they split in groups and go to the neighbors and collect stuff (what is that called?) and whichever team gets the stuff first wins.

All kids are different, he might not want a huge party, maybe he wants to take some friends to a hockey game (flint generals are pretty low cost compared to redwings that is.)

1 / 3