Birthday Party for 8Yr Old Girl

I am trying to come up with ideas for my daughters 8th birthday. We live in Euless so anywhere in H.E.B., Grapevine, Southlake area. She doesn't want to do the gymnastics/ Pump it Up /bowling etc and we can't do a party at home (not much room and not enough time to clean up!!) Her birthday is the beginning of September so indoors would be good! We did Texas Teddy Bear Factory last year which we loved but wanted to do something different this year. She'e very girly, loves animals and art. I checked the Ft Worth zoo but $250 was out of my price range! Any suggestions??
Thanks

** UPDATE ** The party was this last weekend and we had a GREAT time! I definitely recommend the Art House for birthday parties!! www.studioarthouse.com ###-###-####.

Thanks for all the great ideas! This weekend I found a coupon for The Art House in Southlake, www.studioarthouse.com. We checked it out and decided to try it. The kids will be painting their interpretation of Monet's Water Lillies on T-shirts!!! Should be fun. They were very friendly and flexible, $15 per child (includes the T-shirt and paint supplies) so I could manage my budget. I'll let you know how it turns out!

How about Libby Lu or in Arlington we have some places that will do Tea Party kind of things. Also, you could take them ice skating and then for a nice dessert. My daughter is 7 and I'm continually on the look out for new, exciting and inexpensive ways. JS

There is a Cosmotology school in the HEB area that does "pretty parties"...they get their hair styled and nails done...I can't think of the name of it, but you could probably look in the yellow pages and call the Hair salon schools...they are usually around 10.00 a kid.

Last year when my daughter turned 8 we did a mall scavenger hunt, and the girls had a blast. On the hunt was getting sprinkled by Fairy Dust at Libby Lu. Try on a hat at JCPenney. Choose a birthday card for the Birthday girl at Hallmark (and have all the girls sign it.) Her birthday is at the end of Nov so we did pics with Santa. Then we ate at the food court. We did a sleepover so we did cake and ice cream at home, but it could have been done at the food court as well. You could have a cookie cake and have it ready and waiting at Great American Cookie Co, etc. Depending on your price limit and amount of girls, you can give the girls each money to spend ($5-10) or not. Or even let each choose a Webkinz as their favor. If it's a large group I recommend dividing into 2 groups to make it a race. Have fun!

Try Let's Pretend tea parties in Grapevine. So England!

Hi!! We just threw our daughters 8th bday party and did a Hannah Montana party - we did it at our house but really you can do it anywhere I guess? We got the Hannah wigs, did Hannah Makeovers - sang Hannah Karoake - made Hannah bookmarks - they got Hannah sports cups and lip gloss as take home gifts - it was a ton of fun : )
Libby Lu sells tons of that sort of stuff if she is into it.
Good luck and Have Fun!!

I've done in the past with my kids a painting ceramic party. I googled and found 2, one in Southlake and one in Coppell. The one in Coppell has a website, but its under construction, so here is the info:

ART FROM THE HEART
Paint Your Own Pottery Studio
COPPELL TX
###-###-####

Here is the info for the other place:
SUNSHINE GLAZE
Paint Your Own Pottery Studio
405 North Carroll Avenue
SOUTHLAKE TX 76092
###-###-####
www.sunshineglaze.com

What they do is for a fee they pick a ceramic piece and you can pre-choose certain pieces in a price range, so they don't pick platters or huge piggy banks or something. They usually charge you for the ceramic piece per kid and for a group charge they provide the paints and materials and they glaze it in their oven and you should be able to pick the pieces up in a week or so. It would be cool to take polaroids of their finished pieces for them to take home until they get their piece back or digital is fine and then you could put the pics in their thank you cards. Some places allow you to take a cake or treats. Hope this helps! And I hope your daughter has a great birthday. Let me know if how it goes if you decide to go there? Take care!

Have you ever been to Bath Junkie? I think they do parties. Let the girls make their own scent, pick a color, and take home bath salts or lotion.

I was also born and raised (until I was 14) in England so I can definately relate to missing the extended family. I have NO family members over here, just my husbands side of the family. Luckily they are great!!

Our daughter turned 5 in February and we had a tea party for her. We contacted a local bakery (Celebrity bakery is where we went) and they were great about letting us use their restaurant one Saturday afternoon. They provided little sandwiches and cookies and also little cups of tea for the girls to try. The restaurant was already decorated so they put some extra flowers on the table for us and I brought in some matching balloons. I went to a craft store and bought some craft projects for the girls to do and they had a great time. All the little girls dressed up in their cute little dresses, it was inside AND it wasn't at MY house! It was great to walk in, have everything there and ready and then walk right back out when it was all over!!! Good luck with your party, whatever you end up doing!

1 / 3