Birthday Party Favors for 3 Year Old party....I Need Ideas!

Hi Mommies,
My son is having his third birthday party this weekend and I am stumped on what to give out to his guests for favors.
I don't want to give out a bag of "worthless" stuff. The goody bags usually add up to about $5 worth of junk, so I would prefer to spend $3-$5 on one need gift for each guest. I want it to be fun stuff that the kids will actually use and like!
We did those really big bouncy balls one year, buckets and shovels, and we also have done....oh, I can't remember the other one! I have seen bubbles, chalk, candy, etc....
Does anyone have any other cool ideas? We have little boys and girls attending the party ages 2-4.
Thank you!!
I did forget the theme: It's a soccer party, but only the plates, napkins, cake etc. My son really wanted skateboard, but we couldn't find anything cute so he settled with soccer.

Thank you all for your awesome suggestions. I got some great ideas for future parties! I went to Coley which is a kids clothing/toy store in Long Beach. They have really cute toys there, like the toys store on Main Street in Seal Beach. They had these really cute toy cars that were pretty big and make noise and the door and hoods opened up. They were so cute. So, I got one of those for each boy at the party and the lady working at the store sent me home with clear bags, tisse and ribbon for each goody bag! GREAT customer service! I added some tattoos in the bags and everyone loved them! For the girls I bought a cute kids magnifine (sp?) glass and wood chimes for them to paint. It all worked out and everyone was happy.
Thanks again for the great advice!

Have you thought about gift certificates to a book store?? :D Everyone loves a good bedtime story!! :D

Huggles!!
~S.~

Playdough is always a hit and there are so many options these days. You can choose to give a few tubs or get the kits that have cutters and one tub.
Books are always good or hit up the Crayola section and give coloring books and crayons/pencils. Good luck and have a fun birthday.

What about crayons with paper or coloring books?

Huggles!!
~S.~

i went to a one year olds party last month & it was elmo themed. they gave out an elmo box with a few goodies in it & a $5.00 gift certificate to "Cold Stone" ice cream parlour. i thought it was a great idea.

Small books are a good idea, princess related for girls and Bob the Builder or truck related are big hits for buys.

I am also curious to know if there is a theme! I am not a fan of goody bags at all. My had a Mickey /Minnie theme for my son's 3rd birthday a couple of weeks ago (it was a joint party with my niece) and we bought a little game from the Disney store as the take home gift. http://tinyurl.com/5lomwc It was only $5! For the few babies in attendance we gave out small plush Mickey/Minnies that I got at Target.

Books are also a great idea!

I'm not a huge fan of goody bags, but the following is a list of items that cost less than $1 each and kids seem to like:
--a set of mini-pens in assorted colors (Target)
--an erasable drawing board with attached "pen" (Target)
--a paddle with attached ball (Target)
--a folding ruler (Learning Tree, I think)
--a mini-board book (www.pubint.com)
--stickers

L. E

If you've got the ime, make a little CD with 10 or so songs on the computer. You can burn a copy for each kid and make a fun CD label. THen each kid withh have 'their own' music to play again and again when they get home. I did this for my daughter's bday and just used all 'adult' music that kids would like, too. For example, Beatles, Jack Johnson, Jackson 5. Good luck!

Aja,
I had the best response one year when we gave out those huge punch balloons. Kids from one year old to nine loved them alike!!
I hope that you find something fun to do too.
P.

1 / 3