Birthday Party but No Friends :(

My son is turning 3 in November and we are having a really cool birthday party for him at the Texas Transportation Museum. We rented the Caboose for the party room and everyone gets to go on train rides. I just know that he will love it. The only problem is that we just relocated to SA in August so my little boy doesn't have alot of friends. The only kids his knows are in MDO. Here's my question: Although I have never met the parents, should I invite the kids in his MDO room to the party? If we do not invite them then the only people that will be at his party will be family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) and I would like for him to have a good time at his birthday party with kids his own age. By the way, it's NOT about presents--he has plenty of toys!

I always have this problem since we are military...now that my son is in school we invite the entire class...yes...we don't know them all especially since his bday is in Sep (the beginning of the school year). So invite them...this is a good way to meet them and their mommies.

Good luck...and I do know how you feel...you feel bad for you son...and this will change and before you know it will have a network of friends for you and him.

Hi L....
I would certainly invite the kids from MDO as those are his friends and I know I would let my little one go. Also, have you thought about joining a moms group or anything to find friends for you and your kiddos? I belong to one and we love it.

I would invite them. Those are the kids he hangs out with and hopefully has fun with.
I would also look into a mommies group for you. I moved here last November and that's how I met all of my friends here. It's so hard when you're not working to meet other people and when you're home all day with the kiddos, you need a break.
Good luck and let me know if you want some info about our mommies group.
-A., mom to Zack (1/31/05) and Zoe (6/18/07)

My son had his b-day party there 2 yrs in a row! He loved it! The room only fits about 20 or 30 people or so but it's so much fun. I invited the kids from his MDO group and they absolutely loved it! My son is 6 now and he still talks about his parties there when he turned 2 and 3. Invite them, the more the merrier! (It's also a good way for you to meet the parents of the kiddos your son is playing with). HAVE FUN!

I have a 4 year old daughter who just started her pre-school a month ago and one of the moms gave out invitations to all the 20 kids in the class for her son's b-day party at an "Art Works" place the first month of school. Since we are new to San Antonio as well, I was happy to attend the party and get to know some people and the place itself was great as well. It is an art studio for children and they do fun parties. Anyway, I think it is a good way to get to know people and your son will have much more fun having his friends there.

You should defenitly invite them. Most people in SA are military or have moved here for job reasons. And we all feel the same way as you. I am in a mommy group that is great. Just go to meetup.com and find the closest group to you. It was the best thing I did for my kids and me. By the time you have another birthday party you will have plenty of friends.

I don't know what an MDO is, but it never hurts to invite people, just don't be discouraged if not many come because they don't know you. For most parents, just make a note that they are welcome to come with their child and have them rsvp so you know how much food etc. to have.

Depending on your budget and how many kids in class...this might be a GOOD way for him and maybe yourself, to make some new friends. ( you also get to met the kids parents ...I like to know the parents of kiddos mine talk to you know?!) Anyways have fun!

1 / 3