Birthday Party at Bowling Alley for 4~5 Years Old Kids - Are They Too Young??

Hello MaMas;
I am thinking of throwing my daugther's five year old birthday party at a bowling alley in our town (they have a kids' birthday package). The kids to be invited are her pre-K classmates (some still 4 years old; some already 5 years old). Has anyone have experience having a kids' birthday party at a bowling place? Are 4~5 years old kids still too young to have fun with bowling?

Thanks In Advance,

Yes, it's super fun! We take both my kids bowling (5 and 3) and they love it! We did attend a bowling party a year or so ago and it was great, all the kids were about that age.

Bumpers are a must though. Some alleys have ramps that are used for handicapped people to bowl but sometimes they allow kids to use them, it just depends upon the facility.

I will say though that you need to have plenty of adults around to help. They get distracted easily, climb all over the ball holders, run around, etc. Plus, some kids might need help, even with the bumpers.

My kids started bowling when they were three, they have been to dozens of bowling parties, and have had their birthdays at the bowling alley. I would recommend 5 pin if you have it, but 10 pin is good too. Have them put the bumpers up.

My son (4) just attended a party at a bowling alley for another 4 year-old. They all loved it and that's what my son wants to do when he turns 5! I think the ramp others mentioned, in addition to the bumpers, really helped. There was no scoring; just lots of taking turns and bowling. It was a two-hour party, and my son bowled the whole time with the exception of the cake and pizza time!

They bumper bowl! Bumpers are put in the gutters. It's fun. They will love it.

It is a great age! My son and two of his friends each had bowling parties last year when they turned five. Another friend did it when she turned four. They all LOVED it. Use bumpers so they don't get gutter balls and they'll be great. Some alleys also have ramps they can roll the ball down so it picks up enough speed to make it all the way down to the pins.

Book the party and have fun!

Great activity. There are leagues for kids as young as 4.

My son is five and he and his friends have been bowling since they were 3 or so. Everyone likes it! And the bowling alleys are usually really good with the parties so you get to have fun, too. Enjoy!

My son started bowling at 3. So no not too young.

1 / 3