Birthday Ideas for a 10 Year Old

I am wondering if any you all have any birthday ideas for a party at the park.
Please let me know I am out of all ideas, and my daughter's birthday party is on the 13th.
please let me know thanks to all

For my neices 9 year old party they did "The Birthday Derby" and had relay races and contests of all kinds. 3 legged race, ring toss, pin the tail on the donkey, dizzy bat game, bobbing for apples, pinata, just whatever we could think of. They also decorated their own t-shirts. They had it at home in the backyard, but I see no reason this can't work at the park too as long as you have a little length of space. Good luck!

How about tug of war, sack races, a scavanger hunt....that could keep them busy for a while.
Jen

You could do a treasure hunt at the park. Give them clues that lead them around the park to find other clues, then have a prize for them at the end.

I did have a party for my 5 yo at the park. We did a pirate theme and had lots of fun games that included a treasure hunt. I know that really won't work for a 10 yo girl but it was a big hit! I am an area director for an AuPairCare (au pair agency) and monthly I plan fun gatherings for the au pairs to get together. Last month I planned a scavenger hunt at the mall. It was a huge hit and can be made for all ages. We used digital cameras to take pictures of where the clue lead us and when the teams got back to the base we shared the pictures and won prizes of the clues we found and won prizes.

I love the idea for races - such as three legged race and such. What about a game of kickball? Frisbee golf? Have a bin with different types of balls and such and let them figure it out. Set up the food/rest area with cold drinks. A pinata could also be fun tied to a tree. You could fill it with candy but have a couple "special" prizes - so those that collect the piece of paper turn it in for a prize. Bring a CD player for music.

todays economy doesnt call for a lot. If you have hotdogs, chips, a cake and hats... at a park, they will do the rest!! Gift time is excitement enough for the birthday girl, and getting to be outdoors eating and playing is fantastic!!! Dont stress... kids really can entertain themselves given the right situation!!! Good luck!

2 words: BOUNCY CASTLE!! =)

My suggestion is start with a theme based on what your daughter likes and plan your party around that. If she is into Hannah Montana, do a rock star party with singing and dress up. You can do a bling party and have the girls make jewelry with beads and glue on gems onto hats or little purses from the craft store (plus, those count as your party favors). You can do a luau/beach party and set up or go to the pool. The possibilities are endless and you can easily do things on a budget (no need to go and buy the expensive "theme" party supplies...unless you really want to. Also, get your daughter involved in the prep work for the party. Once you have your theme picked out, google party ideas for that theme and you'll find a ton of inexpensive diy ideas for games, crafts and decorations.

If you need more suggestions, after picking your theme, feel free to message me.

1 / 3