Birthday Gift Ideas for 10 Year Old Boy

I'm going to a party for a 10 year old boy and have no clue what boys are into these days.
I don't want to break the bank with expensive electronics but I want to get something he will use.

I would call and ask the mother if he has voiced any
wants or needs. Depending on that answer, nerf toys
are a hit with active ones *beware: even parents are
targets* and giftcards are good. Teaches them monetary
value, limit to what they can afford to buy. And deciding
what they want more than the other. Renting games also gives
choices of playing as opposed to buying one game and tiring of it.

This is just a thought, but what about a gift card to Blockbuster? That way, he could rent movies or games. My sons always loved those gift cards.

I have an 11 and 14 year old boy and for several years now, their favorite gift has been Best Buy gift certificates. That lets them choose whatever they in terms of video games, DVDs (based on my approval since I'm a mean mom about ratings), etc. that they want. I also have bought them several of the other things the other mom's have suggested (cranium, air hogs) and they have liked those things, as well. Also, my boys are always happy to receive any kind of ball - nerf or regular sports balls.

My son is 10 and whenever we go to parties we get a gift card to blockbuster and a tub of popcorn. The kids really like it because most of them are into video games or movies. We have gotten that gift 2 or 3 times this year and each time it's a big hit. (I only get either a $10 or $15 gift card)

Hope that helps.

I have a 10 year old boy- for his b-day he got a card game by Cranium called Ziggity. He LOVES it. I have now made that one of the gifts I get for the parties he is going to. You can find it a Target where the other card games like Uno are.
Other things he really liked:
Gift cards to Game Stop and Blockbuster (both were like $10 each)
A decent football
A subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids
A How to Fold Oragami book w/ paper
2 books "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer (which is a series he is now reading) and "Ginger Pye" By Eleanor Estes.
If you want a 'special book' I can get you a copy of "Heir Of the Forgotten Realm" signed to the child by the author for $10. (You can look it up on Amazon by the title, author is Michael Svigel). My son loved that book and has done 2 different book reports on it!

Hope this helps!

Get him a Webkinz! They're great for the computer - our daughters love theirs and it's completely safe! Some Hallmark stores have them or Learning Express.

Gamestop gift card; hands down.

Are 10 year old still into action figures or transformers? It seems to me like it'd be a good gift but not sure...lol My oldest is only 5.

Try a tent, that will be great for summer camping out in the backyard

1 / 3