Birthday Gift Ideas for 1 Year Old Twins

My niece and nephew are turning one this week and I want to get them something special. You'd think having twins myself I'd have some ideas, but I just don't remember that age very well (life was a little crazy back then). Any ideas would be appreciated!

I love to give books for gifts. My niece loves them. Since the twins are 1 you can include a stuffed animal with it or one that goes along with the theme of the book. Write a little personal note on the inside cover and date it. It's great to see years down the road.

Hope this helped

I have three year old twins and on their first birthday the best gift they got was savings bonds. They don't know the difference at that age and toys and clothes are usually of abundance from others, so it is something that downt he road they can use and mom and dad will appreciate too!! Just a thought!

K., you could bring a camera to the party and take photos of the event. Put the photos in an album (actually 2 identical albums)and give to the parents for their twins one day. I've done this for a few birthday parties, decorating small photo albums from the drugstore. The parents seemed to really appreciate it. When the kids grow up, there will be a fond reminder of a happy day.

San Francisco
Mom of Sterling, 7, and Chloe, 4

Fisher Price makes a great toy that's a ball popper....kids from 8 months to 13 years old love it when they come to our house. Otherwise.....push cars if they are perfecting walking.

I purchased my 1yr old nephew a cute sandbox from Costco. It cost around $150. I thought that was special. The parents loved it. Kids of all ages play in it.

Hi K., when my twin nieces turned one we gave them a treasure chest type box with a very simple latch, filled with mardi gras beads of many colors. What fun they had layering them on themselves, eachother, and everyone else, and playing treasure!

I think most kids these days are overly blessed with more toys than they can play with and more clothes than they can wear. I've really gotten overwhelmed with just one toddler and all the birthday/xmas gifts he receives and now when I go to b-day parties for kids, I write them a check and in the memo, I write "for savings/college".
Of course the parents can cash it and give it to the kids for shopping if they want but the idea is that they hopefully do have some sort of savings fund (regardless of what it's for b/c I know college is not for everyone!) and they can add to it for a brighter future instead of giving toys/clothes that will get weeded out in the next year or two.
JMO!

My twin girls LOVED their tunnels and pop-up tent. The tunnels connected to the tent. They could play with it outside when the weather was nice and inside when the weather was not so nice. We could also take it to Grandma's easily cause it folded up nicely and quickly. This was great for them cause it kept them busy for HOURS and it encouraged them to crawl. Crawling helps with development! I think it was Playskool brand. Good luck! N. :o)

Your best resource is their mother. She knows what they like and dislike, what they would love to have and you won't make the mistake of getting the same thing mom and dad are giving them.

Dr B.

I love giving bubble machines. They have them at Target and are around $10. Then, get a big container of bubble soap and they are entertained for hours. I've given this gift to so many friends and they always tell me that it is a big hit!
I hope this helps.

A gift certificate for an "Adventure" to ....
anywhere.
Fairyland
beach
park
the snow
The pictures you take would be priceless and far better then "stuff". Kids need quality time with others.

1 / 3