Birthday Gift for a Runner?

Hi mom's:
My super sis n law is turning 50. She runs about 5 miles maybe three times a week. I would like to give her a gift that reflects her interest in running. Any ideas for gifts??
THANKS SO MUCH!

Thanks moms for all of your great ideas. I did end up finding a new Nike sports watch on amazon.com I believe it was.. The birthday luncheon was great and she loved the watch. thanks for the ideas.. I can use them for Christmas and future birthdays..
thanks again

I love running socks (from the running store) and they are so expensive (can be up to 12.00 a pair) that I rarely buy them for myself. Maybe a very stylish sports bra and short outfit. A running jacket for fall/early winter.

Going to a running store like Fleet feet or Runner's world can help you come up with ideas too.

A subscription to Runners World would be awesome. I liked another poster's idea of a gift card to a specialty running store. Those are always handy.

i can make u handmade soaps that say something example # 1 Runner
or what ever you like to say
i make gifts that people treasure
I make unique shaped soaps for any occasion.
People buy them as party favors for baby showers, weddings, bridal showers, birthday party you name it any occasion.
People love them
http://www.jolietyardsales.com/item.jsp?itemId=11706480
If you need them Call 1-###-###-#### J.

Running clothes and shoes are expensive but the technology that goes into them and their performance make it so worth it!!

With fall coming, some kind of outdoor running gear? Maybe socks a new sports bra or outdoor running jacket? A gift card to iTunes or Amazon to download music to her MP3 player, if she uses one.

Thoughtful of you to take her interest into consideration - that makes YOU the Super SIL!

As a runner, I would say if it is all possible, sign up for a 5 or 10k run that you can do together. I realize you might not run or be able to, but if you can this would be a great gift - you get to share in her interests and spend time together!

What about a gift card to a running store like Fleet Feet in Chicago where she could use it for running clothes or shoes.

1 / 3