Birthday for 13Yo Daughter

My daughter's 13th birthday is coming up next month and I'm at a loss for ideas to celebrate it. She wants to do something "special" like a party or activity with friends, but coming up with a theme for a party or any original ideas to make it really "cool" is proving difficult. She is wanting something that she could invite both boys and girls to and everyone would have a great time. Does anyone have any ideas? She's not a real "girly-girl", she's very athletic and even plays soccer for our high school's team already. She is also really into music, singing, and dancing. Any ideas would be appreciated! Also, ideas for keeping it all within reason price-wise would be great! We had no trouble with choosing her birthday gifts, but the party/celebrating part is so much more difficult!

Thanks for any help and ideas you all have to offer!

M.,

Hire a dj! They have all of the dance music and karaoke stuff! They can also mc the event and provide games and prizes so that you don't have to. I know one that does school functions and is very affordable for at-home parties. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks. ###-###-####.

Have a luau! It's easy to find decorations, everyone could receive a lei (which are inexpensive and they have something to leave the party with) and food would be easy. Good luck!

My daughter is just 11, but her favorites times are when she has a big sleepover and they all play Sing Star (it's a karaoke game for Playstation)

I know of a family who had a movie theater party for their teenage daughter. They actually rented a movie theater (I think it's around $100.00 for a few hours), and screened the movie of her choice.

Maybe you are over thinking this. I h ave a 16yo and he is always happy with a backyard hang out and minimal adult supervision. We usually let him have a few friends over and set up backyard games. Volleyball, bouce ball, crochet, hillbilly golf then hamburgers and hot dogs. One year we made it more of a hawaian theme and the kids were in swim suits - we still had burger but added pineapple and bbq suace to them. We usually do a sherbet and Sprite punch. I like that it is an afternoon party and over before dark. The games keep the kids up and active and there has never been any problems.

how about a sleepover or movie night at the house...you could make up snacks or dinner that the girls could help with sucha s making their own pizzas or something...or they could play viedo games or whatever. it's cheap and fun.

For my 13th I had both female and male friends over. We just had the norm at parties, pizza, pop and cake. No theme, nothing to rent and we had a blast. All us girls stayed up all night long and slept all day after.

My daughter loved the indoor water park idea for her 13th. There is one in Newark I've heard is good called Coco Key or something like that. Not too bad price wise from what I hear although I have never been. Good luck and hope the party goes well!

What about going Ice skating? Call the chiller, see whattype of packages they have- and if goign "with " the chiller... pay for everyones admission and skates provide a few pizzas and a cake and there you go????

Renting the local skate place might be a good idea for a boy/girl activity party. Each place has their own rules about what you get for their price, but quite often you can bring in a cake.

If you don't prefer to go to that fuss and expense, kids also love to just have an outdoor BBQ. You can set up a volleyball net, croquet set, corn hole game, horseshoe pit, and just have it right in your backyard.

--=V. Blackwell
###-###-####
http://vnae.twistedgem.com/
Serving all your needs with:
Home & Garden Party
Noah's Ark Animal Workshop
Tastefully Simple

We do a sleepover for my sons friends, up to 5 friends. We take them bowling then come home and have pizza for dinner. Popcorn in the evening with movies. Then breakfast the next morning with an early afternoon family party. All the kids are picked up after the family party. All the boys had a great time last year.
If you call the bowling ally ahead of time and reserve your lanes, they (at least where we went) have special birthday pricing. Saved us a lot money doing things that way. My son wants to do all of this again this year.
What if you had a unisex party for bowling then have some girlfriends stay over?
Good luck! At least you've gotten the gifts out of the way. My boy turns 10 next month and I'm clueless. Thank heavens for his dad! T. M.

1 / 3