Birthday Cake with No Eggs or Milk in Recipe for 1 Yr Old?

Hello fellow Moms! My son is about to turn one in a few weeks and we are planning a birthday party for him this weekend. The pediatrician would like us to hold off on introducing milk and eggs (egg whites) until after my son's first birthday. So now I'm trying to find a recipe for an egg-less and milk-less cake. Any ideas?

I just wanted to say "Thank you!!" to all of the wonderful, thoughtful responses and advice about making a cake that's milk and egg free. Not sure which one I'm going to use yet - I have so many wonderful ones to pick from. Thanks again!

I made a regular cake for my son since he didn't show any signs of alergies prior to his birthday - even though I was kinda mindful about the egg white and milk thing. He had no problems and had a blast digging into his own cake... I actually added apple sause into the cake instead of oil (but I suppose you can use apple sause to substitute egg whites and just use the yoke) and you could probably use a lactate or almond or rice milk instead of cow milk...

www.pamelasproducts.com has the best chocolate cake and frosting. We did use butter fo rhte frsoting and NO one could tell it was wheat free, gluten free and dairy free.

here is a simple easy recipe..... take any cake mix (boxed) and one can of diet soda. If using white cake I use diet 7up or sprite and if using choc cake I use diet dr pepper, thats it mix the two and pour into baking dish as directed on the box.... bake as directed on the box (the last 10-15 min I start watching depending on what kind of pan and my oven is older so it varies).

I wish I could take credit for coming up with this but I got it from one of the leaders at my Weight Watchers meetings the best part is a piece of cake is about 1-2pts depending on how big the piece is and you can frost it with cool whip or fresh fruit...

I have a recipe for a cake from Weight Watchers for you. You take a chocolate cake mix (regular two layer size). Mix in a 12 oz can of Diet Coke (or other diet cola). Put in a 13 x 9 pan and bake according to the directions on the box. I know it sounds funny, but it turns out perfectly and looks like any other cake. If you want to use white or yellow cake or spice cake you can use a can of Diet 7up or Diet Sprite. You can top it with fruit, Cool Whip or powdered sugar, or regular frosting. It tastes just great. Hope this helps.

My daughter is vegan and we make dump cakes for her that taste wonderful and are so very easy to make. Any flavor cake mix will do, but read the ingredients when you make the selection. Some have milk in them and some don’t. Mix the cake mix in a bowl with ¼ cup vegetable oil and a can of pie filling. Don’t over mix. The batter will be lumpy because of the pie filling, but make sure the cake mix is completely moistened. Bake at 350 in a 10in square pan until the cake is firm. This makes a very moist cake with delicious pieces of fruit in it. You can frost with icing or dust with powdered sugar. Check the ingredients on frosting label to find one that doesn’t’ have milk. Some really good combinations are cherry pie filling with vanilla cake, or apple pie filling with spice cake. Enjoy!

Can you do cake for everyone else and a fancy juice jello mold for the baby? Fun and squishy...he'll love it!

Best wishes,

The Joy of Cooking cookbook has a great dairy free chocolate cake recipe that I have made - it was a hit!

I just googled "milk free egg free cake" and this is one recipe I found that looked good;
http://www.choosingvoluntarysimplicity.com/mix-in-the-pan...

1 / 3