Birth Control Making Me Feel Dizzy and Spins

I have been having heavy bleeding for the past 2 weeks, passing blood clots as well. Doctor prescribed birth control pills. I have not taking birth control pills in over 10 yrs because of infertility. I have since had my babies and tubes are tied. The BC is for the bleeding. Is it normal to have such strong effects from the BC pills?? It is Loestrin Fe or Junel Fe. Thoughts are appreciated.. I am going to seek my doctors advise come Monday, but just intersted in other momma's thoughts.

Doc had me get Iron Supplement SLOWFE with Vitamin C. They are afraid with all the blood loss I may be anemic. They also suggested taking pills at night, and vitamins in morning. Plus a Fiber supplement because the IRON will make me constipated. So we will have to see.

Yes, absolutely! I remember when I first started BC, I had the dizziness and spinning side effects. I was on Ocella( made me incredibly dizzy)..My doctor then switched me to Low Egestrol. The first couple months I felt a little dizzy, but it wore off. Then I have some other side effects such as cramping, backache. The side effects come and go. Sometimes it depends when you take it, and when you eat,etc..For me, I'd rather have some mild side effects that go through such a horrible time every month ( i had very irregular heavy periods, as well as ovulation pain,etc..) .

Personally I would call your OB/GYN right away for advice. But here's a women's health link about blood clots during menstruation.

http://www.womenhealthzone.com/womens-reproductive-health...

"Normal Blood Clots During Period

During your period, your body will release anticoagulants that keep the blood fluid and thinned. However, if your flow is extremely strong, the blood may pass before the anticoagulants can work. In this case, the blood may clot as it is passed.

However, there are times when menstrual blood clots should be a reason for concern. If you are passing clots that are bigger than a quarter on a regular basis, it could be a sign of something else.

In this case you should consult with your doctor immediately to find out the cause. The following conditions could be causing you to pass larger than normal clots.
Hormonal Changes Can Cause Blood Clots During Menstruation

The menstruation cycle can be affected by fluctuations in the hormones progesterone and estrogen. These hormones control how the body sheds the lining of the uterus. When these hormones get out of balance, the wall of the uterus can become very thick.

Once this occurs, you may experience a heavier flow, and more menstrual blood clots. Hormonal changes can be caused by a number of things including menopause, excessive weight loss or gain, or as a result of some medications. In this situation, your doctor may put you on a hormone therapy."

I wouldn't panic just yet, but I would be sure to call your doctor and see what her advice is.

BC pills are made with hormones that are not Natural or bioidentical. The heavy bleeding and clotting doesn't sound good you should most definately go to your Dr. Have you had any other symptoms? The BC pill scares me if I knew way back when I took them for a year, what I know now I wouldn't take them. Good Luck keep us posted

How long have you been taking them? If not long, I wonder if it really might be that you are anemic. Ask your doctor to check your hemoglobin before you assume it's the pill.

Hope you get feeling "right" very quickly!

I would go see an ObGyn. For heavy long bleeding you can have an ablation that will most likely stop your periods. For my 14 year old who has really heavy and long periods the doc prescribed taking 400 mg of ibuprofen around the clock for the first 2 days of menstruation and it has really reduced the amount of her bleeding. When I bled for 21 days straight and was getting dizzy from blood loss I saw my ObGyn who said to start the around-the-clock ibuprofen and if my next period was equally heavy she would do an ablation. It seems normal that at perimenopause your cycle changes and some percentage of women get heavier and longer periods right before they stop. I personally would not take birthcontrol pills since there are so many side effects. The dizziness you have may be from the heavy bleeding. See another doc.

you could be dizzy and spins from having low iron, you could be anemic. I never had dizziness of spins from being on bc pills. definantly call the doctors office on monday. make sure you get enough iron. dark leafy greens,may be a nice steak if you eat meat. take it easy.

Exactly why I refuse to take these prescribed BC.I use OTC & work just fine without the side effects.Good Luck

I just went off mine once I had Nova Sure done. I had a week of weird feelings and mostly upset stomach. Still getting use to NOT having any extra hormones in my system.

1 / 3