Bikini Wax While Pregnant

OK, Ladies, this is a total shot in the dark, but I'm very interested in responses (sorry if it gets too descriptive)

I'm in my 3rd trimester and really want to get a bikini wax. I've never had it before just always shaved, trimmed, etc. Considering a bikini wax so I don't have to shave every other week and feel "smooth and silky" for much longer. So, the question is has anyone had experience like that (during ANY trimester) and what was it like or any other suggestions I need to consider before I go in?

Mamas, I always listen to you, so can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Mamas!!! First and foremost, I absolutely love you all! Please keep it coming, as I will do my part as well. So, thank you all for such great responses.

And, so after weighing all the pros and cons, I did it!!! And eventhough I got some really caring and cautionary advices in pm, I got waxed for the first time in my life while being 7 1/2 months pregnant. What a great job they did!! I didn't take any advil/tylenol/ibuprofen beforehand, as someone suggested, for obvious reasons AND just because I don't like any kind of drugs, period. Lady that did it was very understanding, she was very nervous at first, but I was the one that had to put her at ease... :) And so it went quickly, yes it hurts a little bit and a few red bumps afterwards, but 24 hours later I was silky smooth and pain-free. And it lasts for weeks!!! I now may be addicted... :)

The only problem is where do I go around here?? I had it done in a different state while on vacation, so now that I am due in the next couple of weeks and need another one ASAP, I really don't know anyone here (still relatively new to the area). So, lookimg for some suggestions from personal experiences preferrably, but always open-minded to any kind of advice. Thank you, ladies, once again

Hello-

I have been getting a Brazilian wax for over a year now. I have also had a wax done in every trimester so far. Some are sensitive and it does sting a little but, I love it and I will be getting my last one before I deliver and I will be around 34 weeks then. However you have not had one at all. The sting is quick if the person is good. I only get mine done at the Red Door by Elizabeth Arden though. They have special wax that doesn't require strips and is the best I have ever had.

A.

I am only in my first, but I just had one last weekend. While I normally have very sensitive skin, I did not have any pain or reaction this time....however, I have had it done several times and already had an idea of what I was getting in to......I also knew the spa and knew that they were VERY careful about using safe wax and very sterile methods. There is risk of rash and infection if the place does not follow strict guidelines.

It is in the technique. Waxing is done following the growth then when it is ripped pulling the opposite from the growth and has to be held taunt. After ripping they have to hold their hand down on it to keep air from to it. The taunt part is what keeps it from hurting. Doing it fast like taking off a bandaid is also what keeps it from hurting. One you have waxing done it gets easier just like eyebrows. I have done done a preg woman but I do no vericose veins is a no. I have those on my legs. G. W

A., i started getting waxed before my pregnancies and continued throughout. This may sound weird but i love it! It makes life so much easier and once you start waxing you only have to go every 6 weeks. Plus when your hair starts growing back in its thinner and softer. You want a good amount of growth before your first session (1/4inch or so) so it makes it waxing less painful and more effective. I've been a few places but think Georgia at Designer's Edge is the best and really sweet especially with me being pregnant. Good luck!! hope this helps!

I have gotten bikini waxes for many, many years and the pain never bothered me, but I know some people think it is very painful. To me the benefits were much more than the pain. That being said, when I was pregnant I got a bikini wax around month 7 and it was one of the most painful things. I still remember it to this day! I would recommend you waiting until after you have the baby - it may turn you off forever!

(I tried to post this before but it seems to be lost in cyber-space; so if the first does post later, please forgive my repetition.

I am both a mom and a licensed aesthetician. I have been removing hair from the bikinis of moms-to-be, including my own)for two decades. When done properly, the experience can be a postive one, with desiable results.

Some things to look for in choosing where to go:

What are their sanitizing policies?

Do they use disposable applicators?

What type wax are they using? It makes a big difference. I use soy--better for you, better for the environment.

What temperature do they heat their wax to? it should work at approx. 98.6

Have they waxed an expectant mother before? Make sure they have a few under their belt.

Are they comfortable waxing the bikini area in the first place? some are not. here again find out how many they have done.

home care is imporatant. you shouldn't have to ask about it, they should offer you this info as part of the service.

Happy hunting, and have a beautiful day!

H.
Natural Beauty Studio, llc
(you can check out my listing under businesses)

I always get waxed while pregnant--I just got waxed last month, while in early labor, three days before delivering my son at home! No big deal! :-)

The only thing to keep in mind is that since you don't normally get waxed, your hair will be more coarse AND you have a higher blood volume due to the pregnancy, so it could smart quite a bit while it's being done--but it's only the initial ripping; it stops hurting immediately.

Go somewhere reputable (i.e. not your local strip mall nail salon) and make sure they use good wax. My gal is AWESOME: Nora Piroglu of Skin Beauty Lounge ( http://www.skinbeautylounge.com/ ) in Eastern Market or at Corte ( http://www.cortesalon.com/ ) in NW...she is WORTH the drive! I've been seeing her for years!

I did it (had been for years) and have a lot of patients that do it, but like others have said, I don't think you should start now. There is a lot of extra blood flow down there making things super sensitive right now. Plus you can't take ibuprofin (Advil or Motrin) which is nice to take before you get a waxing just to help a bit with discomfort.

If you can enlist the help of your significant other that would help. I would just use a trimmer for now.

Hi A.. I thought the same thing and did get waxed durring my 3rd trimester. (4 weeks out to be exact)First of all, nothing has ever hurt as bad as that did. The second she pulled the strip off I turned black with bruises. As it turned out, I had my son 2 days later. I was already dialated a tiny bit so that may have been part of the bruising. I know I didn't have him early because of the waxing, I tend to have early babies anyway. The doctors let me have it about the waxing idea. They told me that durring the third trimester our bodies are getting ready to deliver, (duh, I know) but that involves swelling in that area and I never should have waxed. They told me it was dangerous that close and not to do that again. Hope my silly mistake hepls with your decision. I know everyone is different and you may be fine, but I'll never do that again! Good luck and congrats on the baby!!!

Hello-

A.

1 / 3