Bikini Wax over C-section Scar

Has anyone waxed over their c-section scar? My scar is 12 months old now, but still pretty tender. It's so low that it's in the area that will be waxed. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I avoid waxing over the scar? Thanks :)

If you are still a little tender then do not have them wax you there. I have had 3 c-sections and do not have it waxed.

My hair stopped growing, where the scar is. I've never needed to get where the scar is waxed. Even 18 months post c-section, I think I would be too tender, for a waxing. If you are tender, I assume waxing would REALLY hurt!!
I would say you can wax, when it stops being very tender.

K., here's my advice. Call around to plastic surgeon offices, and find one that does laser hair removal. Talk to them about this. They are experts at dealing with surgical scars. Indeed, some plastic surgeons do laser therapy on surgical scars (like tummy tuck scars) to help them heal faster and nicer (different from hair removal, by the way). So they are in the know about the hair removal issue as well.

I have been having laser therapy on my bikini line (with a dermatologist office - I don't have a scar to worry about) and it has just been wonderful. In a few more sessions, I won't have to go back anymore because the hair will be permanently removed. If you have dark hair, you should really consider it. I found that if you do it in a doctor's office, it offers several benefits. You have a doctor right there in case there are any problems. The Esthtician is hired by the doc, so you know she's qualified. You don't have to tip her. Some places offer a buy one, get one so you can have your underarms done too. And instead of waxing every 3 weeks and having to let it grow out for the wax, laser work is done every 6 to 8 weeks. I am actually saving money by going the laser route.

Hope this helps!

I honestly avoid waxing over the scar area; I just use Nair over it. Otherwise it hurts like a son of a gun and you can actually do damage to the skin itself.

Waxing can take off the top layer of skin. I would not recommend it!

I'm not sure that you should do it right over the scar, but I recommend a "sugar". It is much easier on you than a wax - they pull the hair with the grain rather than against it. My hair also came in much more sparse. For me, it was much more effective at reducing regrowth than a laser. My hair may have been too light and my skin too dark. Laser is best when there is a high contrast between the skin and hair.

1 / 3