Big Sister/little Sister Picture Ideas?

I am taking my 4 y/o and 7 m/o to take pix done on thursday. They will be outside wearing matching easrer dresses and then matching hot pink and zebra tutus. Any advice is appreciated!

I like barefoot ones too! My friends took a pic where we were all on a couch with bare feet up on a table and it came out cute. We took another with our feet in a pool.
There're a few favorites I have of my nieces. One is them with white clothing on except for 1 with a hot pink shirt and there's a turqouise (sp?) tiled wall in the background, one is them sitting on a stone wall with their feet dangling, and one is them with lavender dresses on, on hands and knees making a piramid. I like pics in tall grass with kids, especially for Easter time. Maybe if you brought some props like bubbles or toys for the 4 year old, it might help.

The more "candid" the better, in my opinion.
Little things like the older one fixing the tutu on the little one or straightening her hair bow.
Dressing up in full color is great, buy personally, the very favorite pictures of my kids are done in black and white. That's just me.

I'm sure the photos will turn out lovely. How can you go wrong with two beautiful little girls?

Best wishes.

If you have a good photographer she or he will have lots of ideas for you. I used to be a professional photographer myself, doing pictures with kids is a lot of fun but requires a lot of patience and energy. The main thing is to do what they ask you, it's their job to get the kids to smile or what not. If they need your help they will ask you for it, otherwise you might just be in the way. Just sit back and try to relax and let the kids and the photographer have fun.

I like barefoot pictures! Also candid shots are cuter, like them whispering to each other, holding hands and walking away from the camera, little one on big sister's lap or back, looking at each other or one looking at the other (looking up at them is especially cute). Back to back, lying on their stomachs next to each other, little one sitting on big sister and facing her. Just feet, just holding hands (photo of the hands only), just backs to the camera, silly faces, etc. Have fun!

I'm sure your photographer will have lots of ideas. Just a warning: it's insanely hard to get a 7 month old to take a good picture. :D

We have a blanket that says "Thank Heaven For Little Girls" and I get my girls picture taken with it every year. I'm not even sure how it started, but I love that it's a constant in all the pictures.

Ideas for...?? This is what you have hired a photographer for, LOL! He/she will set up poses etc. That's why they get paid the big bucks! Hope the pics turn out great.

1 / 3