Big Girl Teeth Coming in Behind Baby Teeth

My daughter is 4 and her 2 front bottom teeth have started coming in behind her baby teeth. One of her baby teeth is slightly loose but not close to coming out. I called her dentist and the receptioniont said she is not a dentist so she didnt know if it ws a concern. Does anyone have any advice on this? Should she see the dentist over this?

Thank Yall for the advice. I thought it was a concern so that is why I called but the recpetionist acted like she had never been asked that before. I might be looking for a new dentist for her. Thank You. Hopefully it goes smooth.

I never once had an empty gap where I had lost a baby tooth. Every one of my adult teeth came in before I lost the baby tooth. The tooth always fell out before the adult tooth was in completely. My daughters' teeth do the same. The adult tooth moves into place after the baby falls out.

That within itself is not a big deal, but 4 is quite young to be loosing the teeth.

she needs to at least be seen by her pediatrician. I had the same issue with both my two front teeth on the top and the bottom. They suggested that they get pulled, but we decided to try to "work them out". Got two of the four out by tying dental floss around them and wiggling them for a short period of time every night. the other two ended up getting pulled out. It was affecting the ay my permanent teeth were coming in. I ended up with a "boxed" look to my teeth because we waited so long to have them taken out. It's good tht she is still young and just starting to get the permanent teeth in. I would just encourage her to wiggle them and offer her your help in getting her baby teeth out so everyone can see her beautiful new smile! if they won't loosen up at all, you may want to look into getting them pulled.

My son's two top teeth came in behind his baby teeth. His baby teeth never fell out. The adult teeth pushed them forward butthey never fell out on their own. IT was very weird... at first they were loose, then they almost got wedged into place, sticking almost straight forward! The dentist ended up pulling them, which was no big deal, but we didn't have dental insurance at the time and had to pay $100 per tooth extraction fee. I think that dentist was kinda dishonest, though.

Yes, it happened to my daughter. The baby teeth had to be extracted. It was not a big deal because they were loose and came out easily. See a dentist you wouldn't want to have issues with the permanent teeth coming in. Good luck!!! We went for ice cream after the dentist, you would be surprised what chocolate ice cream and sprinkles can make you forget.

You'll get people who think it's no big deal but to me it is. I would make an appointment with a pediatric dentist and have xrays and general cleaning done. What could it hurt anyway? We take the kids to a pediatric dentist because they are specialists in baby teeth and childrens issues.

Yes, take her to see the dentist. That is odd the receptionist wouldn't give you some advice or take a message for the dentist, that is their job. I had one of my adult teeth come in before my baby tooth fell out and my mom never took me to the dentist. It is still way behind the other teeth, and totally screwed up my bite. There is no way to fix it except braces, and even then they might have to just pull it, I was told.

Aside from being on the young sign, from my experience, she should be fine. My son (6) recently lost his first two bottom teeth - about a month after the adult teeth started growing in behind. I was freaked out, but the dentist kept telling me not to worry, that they would come out. And they did. When I saw him for my son's appointment a few weeks later, he said the concern starts when the adult teeth are completely in but the baby teeth barely lose.

We were told to teach our son how to wiggle his teeth, and give him lots of crunchy foods - apples, carrots, pretzels, that sort of stuff. Take a deep breath, and then don't think about it for three weeks. If the teeth still haven't fallen out and aren't on the verge on it, make an appointment.

*Note: I am not a dentist and this is not a substitution for consulting one.*

Definitely see the dentist. The exact same thing happened with my son and his bottom teeth. We took him to a pediatric dentist and she pulled his baby teeth (quick and painless). She said that it is important to get the baby teeth out so that those teeth can move forward and waiting can cause problems with whether they move up into the correct locations. She also said if the permanent teeth are already coming in behind they are not going to push the baby teeth up and out like you would expect. I'm glad I took him in and felt it was the right decision for us. Right now he has a loose top front tooth and no sign of one behind it so we're hoping it will come out naturally but if I see the one behind it we'll be heading to the dentist.

1 / 3