Best Ways to Potty Train a 2 Year Old in Omaha Nebraska

im trying to potty train my son that is now 2 and im wondering whats the best way to potty train him

So What Happened?‚ĄĘ

Hello! I want to say Thank you to all the moms out there that sent me their thoughts about potty training I got some awsome ideas from every body.Thank you so much

Christmas came when my toddler was 2 1/2. She had shown no interest in using the toilet, and I tried not to push her. When "Santa" left her a potty chair, big girl panties, and a sticker chart, she ended up learning the same day. She even decided she was big enough to use the big potty, too.

I don't know if you want to wait that long, but it was worth it for me...

What worked for me was the Dr. Phil method of potty training in one day. But your son has to be ready. Here's the website where it details the process.

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/264

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?W...
Check out this site, if it doesnít come up, its Barnes & Noble.com and the book is "Potty Train your Child in Just One Day"
I too am a single mom , I used this book by the book and It worked, It was amazing, he had just barely turned 2 and was showing signs of being ready, I didnít think it would work because I had not even attempted potty training him yet, and one day my son was in diapers and the next day he was in underwear and NEVER wet his pants or even the bed, It goes over kids of all ages with wetting problems and just basic potty training. I loved it and recommend it to everybody whether his or her child is easy to train or not. It sounds like Dr. Phil has a Good one on potty training in one day too; maybe itís the same concept. Good Luck.

My 2 year old starting showing interest in the potty a few months ago, so we got her a potty chair and a book about potty training. We explained to her what the potty was for. At first, we would put her on the potty when she first woke up and at bath time, but didn't push her too much. Eventually, she started asking to sit on it, but she was very inconsistent. We didn't push the issue much, but I would give her a sticker to wear when she went potty. She loved the positive reinforcement, and would go just to get a sticker. When she was staying dry for long periods of time, we took her to the store and let her pick out her own underwear (she loved this!). We try and remind her to go about once and hour, and she is staying dry with very few accidents. She's even been dry in the mornings for over a week now.

Good luck! Potty training is difficult, and my personal theory is that you can't potty train a child who isn't interested.

I am a stay at home mom of a 21 month old boy and I have done daycare in my home for the last year and a half. I had a 2 1/2 year old for almost 10 months and I was potty training him. The best way I found for him was to put him on the potty every hour...use your timer on the stove!! If he didn't go then, I would wait 30 minutes and put him on it again, then go every hour again. I never had to change his pullups! Plus he got into a good habit of washing his hands afterwards. I don't know how he's doing now, but I know that when he was here, I never had any problems. Eventually, sometimes he wanted to go, other he didn't, but at least he knew what to do when he needed to go. If he did have a poop accident (which only happened twice), I put him in the tub with cold water for a few minutes. I hope you find a good way for your son.

Have you tried having him "Aim" for cheerios in the toilet? Thats always fun :)
If you would like to work at home please check out my ____@____.com

I don't know if this will help at all but it worked for my two boys. They both began expressing "readiness" at about 2 1/2 years old so we had the big boy potty talk and took a special trip to the store so they could pick out their own underwear. I then started on a weekend (so daycare didn't have to deal with it) and put them in their underwear with the washing machine on all day standby (there will be a lot of dirty things) My oldest son took about a week and several loads of laundry, and my younger son picked it up in 3 days. Its very frustrating but so very worth it in the end! I'm not really a big pull-ups advocate, i don't see the point in replacing a diaper with a more expensive, fancier diaper---I also found that my boys had no interest in the training potty, but were so excited to go in the big potty!!! I don't know if this will help but GOOD LUCK! It is defiately a parental adventure!

Honestly, I would get him a potty chair and just let him get familiar with it. My dd showed ZERO interest in the potty until about 3 weeks ago, and she'll be 3 in October. As soon as she showed an interest, she was trained within a day... but I had to let her decide it was time.

Everyone told me, if you push the issue, it will become a power struggle and I think they are right..

My suggestion is wait till he is three : ) That is what I am doing.

1 / 3