Best Way to Wash Baby Gear and Toys?

My son is now 7 months old and it's time to put away some of his newborn gear and toys. I'd like to wash it all before it goes into storage. The plastic and rubber stuff can be put in the diswasher or wiped off with a clorox towelette, but I'm wondering about fabric covers (bouncer, swing...) and soft toys that can't go into the washing machine. Any suggestions for the best way to do it?

When it comes to carseat covers, anything cloth I wash it on cold and then air dry it but I lay it back on the item it came off of so it will retain it's correct shape but loosely so it can air dry.

With plastic toys you can take a bucket or spray bottle and do bleach water to wipe things down.

If your worried about the washing machine try hand washing. Or I've used the clorax wipes on those as well.

I use Lysol spray on my stuff even toys.

I am a daycare mom and have to constantly wash my baby stuff. I put the bouncy seat cover, high chair, swing seat cover, exersauser and even my car seat covers in the washer on delicate and air dry. I haven't ruined anything yet and I wash them sometimes weekly for sure monthly. The trick is figuring out how to get everything off and then back on:)
Kaia

I do put most clothe things in the laundry on gentle with delicate soap. Then I air dry. I've not ruined anything yet!

Clorox has a great Anywhere gentle spray. I use it on everything after I've wiped it off.

I put anything with fabric into the washing machine. Including the bouncy seat cover, exersaucer seat, swing seat and high chair seat. I believe most of them said to "wipe clean with a damp cloth" or something but I put them in the washer anyway and everything came out fine. Just do it on the gentle cycle and don't put them in the dryer if you're worried about ruining anything.

For items that abolutely cannot be put into the washing machine, try washing them in the laundry tub with either a little Lysol or Woolite, whichever detergent seems to be more appropriate for the item.

1 / 3