Best way to take off my fake nail at home

What can i use at home to get my fake nails off?

Summary

Some people found to be effective and not so time consuming to remove fake nail is to use acetone polish remover, soak you finger a couple at a time, use an orange wood stick to push it off, always push away from your cuticle. To all 10 fingers may take a bout an hour. Be careful when you take them off because they can really tear up your nails - that's why it might be best to have them taken off at a salon.

I'm a nail tech and the best way to get them off is by using Acetone, cotton balls, strong nail file that you're not afraid to throw away, buffer block and tin foil. You soak the cotton ball in the acetone, place the cotton ball on you finger and wrap the tip of your finger in tin foil. Let sit for about 10 minutes and then take off the first cotton ball and file off the acrylic that has been eaten away. If there is still more, place the acetone soaked cotton ball and the tin foil back on the finger. Do this to each finger. The closer you get to your natural nail, use the buffer block.

It does take a long time so please put time aside. This will prevent damage to your natural nail. Again, you need a nail file that is strong and that you can just throw away after. Make sure that you do the filing of the acrylic over a towel or paper towel b/c the acetone eats the acrylic and when you file it will crumble off. If you do not have the implements you can go to Sally's and get Acetone, yellow buffer block, Flowery Purifile nail file 80/100 grit(pink writing, a nail stregthener) and cuticle cream or oil for after. Please be patient with it. It does take time BUT if you want to keep your natural nails healthy, this is the way to go.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.
K. :~)

I always got mine off after soaking my nails in finger nail polish remover. Either that or do a lot of dishes and the soap and water will help remove the glue.

soak them in pure acetone..you can buy it at sally beauty supply...for about 5-10 minutes until they are soft, then use cuticle nippers to gently ply them off. Honestly I would just go somewhere to have it done so they can give your nails the and hands the extra TLC they will need after prying off tips.

I've only had fake nails once but I think the only that will get them off is nail polish remover WITH acetone.

Be careful when you take them off because they can really tear up your nails - that's why it might be best to have them taken off at a salon.

I've always just soaked my nails in finger nail polish remover with Acetone. It will take a little while, but they become gluey like, when this happens, just get some paper towel and wipe. Then go back to soaking again. Repeat until all gone. I have found that if you file them off, my fingers under my nails really hurt. Soaking just takes time.

Good luck and God's Blessings

Acetone nailpolish...whatever you do dont take them off with out soaking....your nails will be sooooo sore (been there done that...LOL).

i'm a nail tech. the thing that i found to be effective and not so time consuming is...acetone polish remover. soak you finger a couple at a time. use an orange wood stick to push it off. always push away from your cuticle. to all 10 fingers may take a bout an hour. good luck

1 / 3