Best Way to Get Ink off a Baby Doll?

My 2 yr old is pushing my buttons today. She already took a sharpie to her Easter hat (why does it have to be Sharpie and where does she keep finding it?!) - thankfully it was just a $1 hat from Target, but it's the principle of the thing.

Just now she took an ink pen to her baby's face....which was a doll that her sister passed to her, so I'm more interested in cleaning the doll for Big Sis's sake than DD's.

Dish soap and a rough sponge faded it, but did not remove it. Any other ideas? Sigh. Maybe I shouldn't have taken her markers away. At least THEY are washable!

Mr Clean magic eraser has taken off everything I've tried to take off of dolls and toys with vinyl faces etc. It even cleaned my childhood doll as good as new. I've had to use them a few times when my toddler gets ahold of her older brothers markers and colors her dolls. Be careful around painted on eyebrows etc as I hear it might take it off though it's never happened to me with anything I've done it to. I just do a light swipe and immediately wipe with clean water just in case though.

I second the Magic Erasers!

rubbing alcohol. and hairspray, and magic eraser. one of the three should work! (and then put the doll up!)

If the face is made of plastic or vinyl, rubbing alcohol or hair spray might tke the ink off.

I've used hairspray to take ballpoint pen ink out of clothes, so it might work. You could also try a Mr. Clean type magic eraser. What about a regular eraser? Goo gone?

not sure if it will work with a sharpy, but hairspray helps with regular ink, worth a try...also goo gone might work, it gets all sorts of stuff off that I thought was ruined forever.
maybe even finger nail polish remover...

Rubbing Alcohol.

hair spray usually does it, also rubbing alcohol.

1 / 3