Best Way to Clean Windows W/out Leaving Streaks?

Any tips on how to clean inside and outiside of house windows without finishing and looking worse than when you started? They look fine while washing them with windex and a papertowl or I have tried newspaper, but once the sun hits them - yuck!! Streaks galore! Any tips would be appreciated!!

I've heard a white vinegar and water solution works well. Also using a squeegy instead of paper towels.

I also use microfiber cloths. I ordered mine from flylady.net and they're great - generous size and very thick. They are also a miracle worker on my small stainless steel appliances such as my toaster and tea kettle, which always dried with streaks or spots when I wiped them with sponges, paper towels or dish cloths.

We use a mixture of equal parts of vinegar (white) and water. When cleaning it , use newpapers vs the paper towels. The newspapers does a better job. Good luck

All the responses is what I do, except I do it when the sun isn't shining right on the window, that is leaves strikes as well :-)

I tried all the answers you have received below and nothing worked for me. I thought I was doing something wrong! Then I decided to try Shaklee Non-toxic cleaners. I was so impressed I became an Independent Distributor. I really really recommend Shaklee's Basic H2. It is a concentrate that can be diluted into the best window/mirror cleaner I have ever had! Plus, it stays cleaner longer too because it repels dirt. Mirrors even fog less.

Follow this link:
http://healinghappens.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sk...

Microfibre cloth with soap and water. Rinse with ONLY water. and Elbow grease. There is no other way.

Family Success Coach

I also use a mixture of water and vinegar. I sometimes use paper towels or just old rags, either work nicely for me. I think the vinegar (or amonia) works the best for streak free.

Hot water, spritz of dish liquid and a dash of amonia is what I use. With a rag I wash the window and the frame and then squeegee the dirty water off wiping the blade off after each pass. I go up and down on the inside and from side to side on the outside, I do that so if there are streaks I know where they are. Then I use a dry clean lint free rag to dry the water off completely. Streaks ( if any) I attack with a little windex on a dry clean rag and buff buff buff. Works every time.

Use vinegar and hot water and cotton towels or rags. No streaks at all and totally non toxic. You just get sparkling clean windows.

1 / 3