Best Way to Clean Toys

my 2 lil ones are sick and I'm wondering what is the best way to disinfect their toys. Trucks, plush toys etc...Bleach is the only thing that really kills germs, but is it safe to clean their toys with?

Yes, it is safe to clean toys with bleach, but you have to dilute it properly. If you go to the Clorox website: http://www.clorox.com/cleaner_home/kids_room/ they'll tell you what ratio of bleach and water to use to disinfect things like toys.

Good luck, and I hope you're all better soon!

Hi there, I use hydrogen perioxide. It's safer than bleach. Mix 50/50 and soak the toys in the solution no need to rinse after. I have a list of things perioxide can be used for. Cleaning mirrows without leaving streaks, mouth wash, add to whites when you wash, soak tooth brushes in it, counter tops without rinsing, clean the fridge pretty much anything that you use bleach for I would use perioxide for. It's also alot cheaper to use. Hospitals use perioxide is used to clean. Ever smelled bleach in a hospital no because they don't use it. Hope this helps. G. J.

We washed anything soft that could be washed in the washer, wiped anything electronic, etc. down with Clorox wipes and the rest I put in a sink of very very hot soapy water.

Anything that isn't a stuffed animal and/or electronic goes into the dishwasher. Stuffed animals go into the washing machine and electronics get sprayed with Clorox anywhere spray. If you're worried about bleach, vinegar is a natural cleaner. You can make your own cleaner with it that is perfectly safe. Here's a good website http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/

I usually just wipe them off with anti-bacterial wipes. For smaller toys, you could boil some water and soak them for 5 minutes (as long as they can be submerged). If I have to clean a lot at once, I put a little dish soap in the bath tub and soak them in there. Then I just drain the tub and rinse them off. Hope that helps!

I use Chlorox wipes (make sure they are completely dry before giving them to your kids), Chlorox Anywhere spray (safe to use around children), run some things through the dishwasher (this is a great thing to do with their toothbrushes, too), and stuffed animals get tossed in the washing machine (machine dry on low or air dry).

1 / 3