Best Way to Clean Those ABC Foam Floor Tiles?

Does anyone have any idea of the best way to clean those ABC Foam Floor Tiles? Any suggestions? Anyone tried to put them in the washing machine??

Thanks for all the suggestions. I simply took them up one by one and scrubbed them with some Mrs. Meyers dish soap in the sink. It took forever, which I was hoping to avoid, but I now have a totally spotless play area. :)

I'm going to put some in the dishwasher right now and see how that goes. I never thought of that. I was going to put them in the bath tub with a splash of bleach. Mostly I scrub with antibacterial hand and face baby wipes a lil each day. It seems if there is no elbow greece involved, they still look shabby. When I taught preschool we used water and bleach solutions to clean everything.

Ok, don't hate me because I hire someone to help me clean my house. I have my housecleaner use the Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, and the tiles come out super clean!

my daughter had them and what i did was took a sanatizer spray (one that is edo and family friendly) and sprayed them down. if they were dirty i would just hand wash them with baby wash so it was ok for my daughter. i dont know how they would turn out in the washing machine but maybe try the dish washer. but just remember that they are spongey and may retain soap so you may not want your baby chewing on them.

I agree with the bath method using non-toxic cleaner. I use a plant-based dish washing liquid (e.g. Seventh Generation, Ecover). Of course it's designed to wash something that is then put in our mouths, Clorox or disinfectant is too strong in my opinion (my daughter chews on the tiles like crazy!). The bath is a good place to do it because it's big enough to get all the squares in at once. Just rinse the soap off and let them air-dry.
PS. Are you English? I'm a mummy too!

My friend suggested wetting them then sprinkling with salt and baking soda... hadn't tried it yet and NO CLUE whether it will be effective but at least it is non-toxic. I recall using this mixture to clear out the coffee carafes at the end of the night when I was a waitress years ago. Good luck!

I use the Dreft wipes to clean ours and it works great.

I have those too.
Try one of those Mr. Clean "Magic Erasers." They clean almost anything.
And like Jacy said, spray with a sanitizer spray just to keep it germ free, as upkeep.

Susan

We used those and the dogs often walked over top of them. I sprayed them outside with the hose and let them air dry.

I worked for a headstart in a local School District and we put them in the dishwasher (:
Hope that helps (:

1 / 3