Best Way to Clean Silicone Bakeware

i have silicone bakeware for cupcakes. love them for creating cupcake cakes, but i cannot figure out a great way to clean them. this year after my daughter's birthday, i just avoided them. they sat in a bowl of suddsy water for a (long!) while. they kind of cleaned themselves and then i put them 2 at a time in the dishwasher, to make sure they were sanitized, but i'd rather just get them washed right away, then i'd probably use them more often. i've tried hand washing in the sink and they are just too hard to get clean.

The only way I have heard of cleaning them is soapy water and elbow grease. I have used papertowel to wipe off as much as I could before hand washing them. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

try soaking them in the dishwashing soap for a little bit with your sink soap. Try it on one just to make sure you are satisfied with the results.I only say that because I do that with a lot of my dishes and it seems to work.They do flip around a lot so they arent easy to clean. I figured if you put them in your dishwasher that is safe too. I never knew you could put them in the dishwasher.

I have silicone bake ware, I love it, and I hand wash them and haven't had the experience you are having. Should I be? Maybe it's the products I use to wash them?

did you spray them with non stick spray by any chance? That may be what the problem is. You aren't suppossed to. Mine were fine just soapy water to clean.

I have heard that sprinkling baking soda on the pans helps loosen and act as a gentle abrasive. If there is any butter or spray, also using a dish scrubber with soap-not sponge-might help also.

1 / 3