Best Way to Clean Grout in Kitchen?

My kitchen floor is an off white stone ceramic tile with a light grout color. I clean my floor all the time, but the grout always looks dirty and/or dingy. I've tried a few things, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions on what I can use to clean/bleach the grout to make it not look so dirty? THANKS.

We use oxyclean and a scrub brush. We do it every now and then and it comes out bright and beautiful.

Try Kaboom! in the purple bottle. When we moved into one of our houses we thought that the grout was dark gray well when the lady moved out she took her fridge and we realized that the grout was suppose to be white. Yeah big difference. Spray it on the grout wait a few minutes then take a toothbrush to it then wipe it down. Make sure you do sections at a time. Then when your done mop it really good with the hottest water and seal it. Kaboom works wonders I even used it on the grout in the tile on the counter.

My husband is a ceramic tile installer and he says that you can get a cleaner at Home Depot called Silka Brand, it is a concrete cleaner. It costs about $20 a gallon. It is in a clear bottle and the liquid is pinkish red. It has to be heavily diluted (4parts water to 1 part cleaner) it is basically an acid. You must also wear a mask and gloves when using it. After you have used it you must rinse it repeatedly with water and once it is dry it is perfectly safe! This will make your grout look brand new! He suggests that after that is done you should seal the grout. He will come out and do this for people...he charges $.30 a square foot if you are interested!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleans really well.

I use Mr. Clean's Magic eraser and it works great!!

36. Dirty grout - Listerine

A friend of mine sent me an entire list of these kinds of remedies. Good Luck!

I second using the clorox bleach pen. I draw it onto the grout, let it sit for 15-30 minutes and then wipe it out with a wet mop.

Try a product called "Zud" with that and some elbow grease, I used it to clean a bathroom with the same issues.

1 / 3