Best Tricycles for 2 Year Old

Hi- My husband and I are looking to buy our son a training tricycle for his 2nd birthday. Can you please send me some recommendations? Good/Bad, etc. Thanks so much Moms!

I recommend the Strider bike. It teaches kids to balance and glide--there are no pedals! We got one for my son when he was 2 and he started riding it in the house b/c it was the winter, but now loves to go outside for a bike ride every night! (He's now going on 4 and close to being ready for a big boy bike) Here's a link, you can also find it on amazon.com, http://www.balancebikeshop.com/strider_bike_s/14.htm

Hi there. We got a Radio Flyer Fold 2 Go Tricycle when he turned two. Didn't take him long at all to get the pedaling down! He's 3 now and still loves it. He'll race around and put toys in the little compartment on the back. Very sturdy, doesn't tip too easily and was just right for his little legs! Best of all the price was reasonable for a quality product!

we purchased the radio flyer tricycle for our oldest son when he turned two..he still rides it occasionally (he got a big boy bike for christmas) and now my little one who just turned two uses it as well. we did have to order a new wheel for one side, but that was because my husband ran it over in the driveway! the customer service was great and reasonably priced. hope this helps!

Sorry for the late response!! My daughter had a fisher-price tricycle that was convertible form a rocker, to having a push handle for Mom/Dad to being an actual bike. I believe it was called the rock, roll and ride.

Not a tricycle, but I've been looking at something they call "walking bikes" or "running bikes". It's basically a small (for ages 2-5) bike without pedals. The idea is that the push with their feet and learn to balance. Google it -- one of the companies has some video showing 3 year olds zooming around on them.
My child isn't old enough yet, so haven't actually tried them (would be interesting to hear from some that have). Anyway, it's another option to consider.

We bought our son a balance bike which is a bike with no wheels. and appropriately sized. Ours is a Strider, very solidly built but we have not tried it out yet b/c the weather is just getting right.

The Kettler trike is what we got our son and we all love it! It is on the expensive side, but it is well built, has a handle bar lock on the front tire so when you are pushing him when he is learning the bike stays straight. It also has a hand brake which provides much fun when they figure it out. Others that have bought this trike told us their children still rode it at ages 5 and 6, so I think it is worth the investment.

we got our 2.5 yr old daughter a Radio Flyer tricycle - it has the long handle on the back so we can push and steer and then that comes off so she can ride it herself. very happy with it. got it at target.

1 / 3