Best Time to Put up the Christmas Tree??

I was just wondering when would be the best time to put up the Christmas tree and decorations. Any and all responses are welcome and greatly appreciated! (:

Oh the fun of decorating the tree. Growing up my family tradition was the day after Thanksgiving. Now that I am grown and have my own family traditions this is one I had to keep. My kids (included the biggest one of all - the husband) cant wait til Friday.
Have fun and Merry Christmas

Hey J., I usually put my decorations and tree up the first weekend in Dec. since there is a holiday inbetween Halloween and Christmas. I hope this helps. J. A.

If you are not going away for the day Thanksgiving day or the day after where the family can all help. Everyone is out of school and you can pickup deals and missed things on black friday. Oh it really is fun if guess is in town you will have all kind of memories. Trust me it is so much fun. We also take breaks and go out to dinner or a movie.

we put ours up couple weeks ago..

People usually put the tree up right after Thanksgiving, or the 1st day of December. I believe if you have time and a good movie to have playing in the background, you're all set no matter when it is.
My family and I usually pick a weekend to drag the stuff down from the attic one day, and then on Sunday, put the tree up, in our sweats and slippers while one of our daughters cinematic pix is playing on the main family TV.
These will be our plans for this coming weekend =) It keeps her occupied just in case she loses interest in the tree.(She's 4..haha..she loses interest pretty quick) I hope that helps a little bit. I don't think there should be a set time to put up a tree. It's the Holidays, people are busy and life gets hectic, don't stress yourself out with a deadline. Think of the tree as a time to relax and bond with your family...not work. If it becomes a chore that needs to be completed, you'll miss out on most of the memories and fun. Have a great Christmas! And don't stress about your tree, put it up when you can =)

Depends on your family and the traditions you want to instill.

If you have a crawling baby/toddler, usually the later the better and then still put it in a pack n play, in a room with a gate, or buy a tree gate... We put ours up typically around the first weekend of Advent, assuming my son is home. If not, a little earlier so the whole family can participate. And then it comes down New Year's day.

When I was a kid, it was two weeks before Christmas and then down the day after. My mom was totally OCD about her house being perfect tho so I don't know if that was the social norm then or just my mom being a freak.

In our social/family groups, typically if it goes up before Tday or stays up longer than a month you get derided. hasn't changed our behavior.....tho we do the same thing to the people in our neighborhood who put their stuff up at the beginning of October and don't take it down til Easter. You think I'm joking don't you? LOL

Do whatever's right for yall. Whatever makes you happiest with your family....if Christmas is a burden with all the "stuff", wait til the last minute....if you have a larger home and it doesnt give you claustrophobia like it does us, earlier may be better for you :)

It has always been the day after Thanksgiving:)

We have a tradition as traditions binds a family together. WE put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend and take it down on New Years Day. My husband puts it up and puts the lights on and the children and I decorate it :) We have special ornaments on there for people in our family that have passed away and my children get a special ornament each Christmas as well.

About a week after Thanksgiving. Or even sooner- depends on when you have time and help!

There is no one single "best" time -- just whatever fits your family. :-)

My mom has an artificial tree, so we would always put hers up the day after Thanksgiving and leave it up till the day after Christmas.

The last two years, my husband and I have had a real tree, which we cut down from the woods ourselves. That's fun (in some ways; not so much in others)! If we don't do it during his Thanksgiving break, we'll have to do it on some weekend between -- so it just depends on how our lives are operating at that given time. Last year, we got a tree the weekend after Thanksgiving and it still looked nice after Christmas, but it was *very* dry (we burned it in our yard when we were finished, and it took less than 3 minutes for it to completely burn up), so that might be something to consider if you're getting a real tree.

Three years ago, we didn't even have a tree at all, because my husband was driving over-the-road, and I wasn't about to take a baby and a young toddler out to get a tree (even from a store), drag it home, set it up by myself, etc. So, I just strung Christmas lights around the room, and put ornaments on the lights. The kids liked it, it kept the ornament high, and I didn't have to worry about watering a tree. :-)

If you're worried about your pets or your kids getting ornaments -- you may be in for some training and discipline! But keep your precious and/or breakable ornaments high, if possible, and put soft, cloth, low-value ornaments down low, just in case.

Have fun and Merry Christmas

1 / 3