Best Time to Decorate for Christmas?

I love,love,love this time of year!! Needless to say I cant wait to start decorating for Christmas. I was just wondering when others began their decorating. Is it because of tradition? or just because?

Im pregnant and I want to use it as an excuse to decorate early:) my excuse will be I may be too tired and cant move as well in December...but Im not.

Happy Holidays All!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have 2 children (13) and (11) usually for Thanskgiving and Christmas I let them visit their dad side of the family because he has a large family and since they were born thats what they have known. We usually decorate but its no set time. Im pregnant with my 3rd so Ive been thinking I lately I dont really have any set traditions.

Also, this year Im hosting my fisrt Thanksgiving dinner at my home with a few family and friends so Im really excited. I hope its the beginning of something special. Usually I visit out of town family for Christmas but this year Ill be 38 weeks so I cant travel that far.

I love Christmas - something about the tree and decorations just makes home feel so much warmer and wonderful! I do my decorating the day after Thanksgiving. To be honest, if Thanksgiving isn't going to be at my house and I've taken a few days before Thanksgiving off from work, I've been known to start early! :-)
Happy holidays!

I put up my tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. Since I cook stuff for Thanksgiving dinner every night prior, I have be beautiful tree to look at to keep me cheery :) Plus after Thanksgiving I'm too exhausted from all the grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning to decorate!

We start decorating the Friday after Thanksgiving. My job is to set up the tree and pull everything out of the attic. Then the women and kids of the family decorate while the guys watch football. It's a good balance. The outdoor lights usually go Sunday after everybody leaves.

We always do it the day after Thanksgiving. The kids are all out of school anyway and it gives us all something to do! Plus, I love decorating for Christmas with my kids -they have so much fun with it, and they are constantly moving everything around!
~C.

The day after Thanksgiving. Partly because of tradition and because it just makes since to me. That's when the Christmas season offially begins to me. And it's usually a work holiday long weeekend so there is time to get stuff done.

Hi!

Our family tradition has been since I was a baby to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a family on Thanksgiving morning. Then we all got VERY excited when at the very end, Santa arrives! That to us is the beginning of the Christmas season. I have been blessed to be able to pass this onto my own young daughters. My husband never had any kind of traditions and this has become very special to him. After celebrating Thanksgiving dinner with family, friends or by ourselves (we move a lot because of my husband's job), the next day we start to decorate for Christmas. It is such an exciting time of year for our family.

I hope all the responses you receive help you make your own holiday tradition with your growing family.

All the best to you!
P.

This is my favorite time of year too!!! I just cannot wait to get in there and deck the halls. My family growing up always decorated the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and we took them down the weekend after New years.

This year I am pregnant as well and the second time I have been pregnant at this time of year and have the exact same due date as my second boy (due January 10th, born January 4th). So the taking down of the stuff is what hits me the hardest, I don't want anyone to do it for me, they will mess up my great stuff.

Needless to say I plan on getting in there the weekend before Thanksgiving this year and taking down between Christmas and New Years. Then I can be sure I am in charge and get to enjoy every minute of it.

Enjoy, and go ahead and use your pregnancy for whatever you want, that is one of the great benefits of this short lived condition! =)

Happy Holidays!

Updated

Happy Holidays!

Since we always get a real tree, we don't put our tree up until about 2 weeks before Christmas. However, we're going out of town for Christmas this year and I'm thinking of putting it up early and then removing it before we leave so I don't come home and have a dead tree and lots to do.

Happy holidays!

We have a tradition of putting up Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Daddy is off and can help with the outside lights and decorations and we get to enjoy it until the New Year comes.

1 / 3