Best Stroller for Winter, Snow

Updated on October 09, 2006
M.H. asks from Evanston, IL

What is the best kind of stroller to have for snow/ice? I have a Graco and a jogger. I don't really use the jogger and was thinking about getting rid of it, but then I thought the larger wheels might be better for navigating snow and ice.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

K.F.

answers from Chicago on

I have a mountain buggy and it works great in rain, sand and swow. I highly recommend it is also great in the city especaiily with all the construction in the neighborhoods.

Smallavatar

C.M.

answers from Chicago on

I would definetly hold on the the jogger. that is good for the colder weather

Smallavatar

answers from Chicago on

I would hold onto the jogging stroller. I found that mine was the only stroller in my "lineup" that could negotiate the snow and ice last winter. Good luck with your winter walks...

C.R.

answers from Chicago on

I would keep the jogger. As your baby gets bigger, you will find that it is much easier to push and usually a little more comfortable for baby. I would also think it would be easier to navigate in the winter. I also have both and definitly use the jogger more.

Smallavatar

answers from Chicago on

I'd stick witht the jogger. It's definately designed for more rugged situations.

Next question: Best Stroller for Living near the Beach