Best School Districts in Fort Worth and Surrounding Area

We're currently planning to move next summer, and our number one priority is getting the kids into a good school district. I've been searching through GreatSchools.org, but it looks like their ratings are solely based on test scores and a lot of the parent reviews are outdated. We're in Crowley ISD right now, which is ranked really poorly overall, but my son has had great teachers and a good experience so far, so you just can't go by test scores alone! Which is why I'm posing this question here;

What school district are your children in right now?
What do you like/dislike about it?
Would you recommend it?
Do you have any inside scoop on a great district?
If you could put your child in any district in the area, which would it be?

You get the idea! This is so hard! Especially when there might be a great elementary school, but it feeds into a mediocre middle school. Private school is probably out of the question for us, at least right now. THANKS so much for your help!

We are in Mansfield and really like it. It is a "Recognized" district, very few schools are just "acceptable", several are rated the highest (I can't remember what that's called), none are unacceptable. I would recommend it. I know families at lots of the different schools and all are happy with it.

My daughter is in the White Settlement ISD district. She attends Liberty Elementary in the Dual Language Program. Liberty has the Exemplary Status Rating based on scores from last year. The principal is wonderful!

I don't really have any dislikes since anytime I had any sort of question, problem, etc. they were very quick to respond and resolve if necessary. Her teachers last year were incredible!

I highly recommend this district. You do need to watch though because even though it is the White Settlement ISD, I actually live in Fort Worth and am serviced by Fort Worth Water Authority so definately check the address on their website to make sure it is within boundaries. My zip is 76108 but that services both White Settlement and Fort Worth ISD's.

We specifically moved from Fort Worth ISD the year prior to our daughter starting school so that she could attend WSISD. That is how much we love it!

Hope that helps!

We're in Mansfield ISD. GREAT Schools!
The district has 13 Exemplary campuses, 12 Recognized campuses, 10 Academically Acceptable campuses. Mansfield ISD remains an Academically Acceptable district

In the Fort Worth area, Tanglewood elementary is one of the tops. I believe it's rated "exemplary" yearly. I know McLean is the middle school, but don't have any knowledge of ratings. It's in the TCU area (Hulen/Bellaire).

Happy moving!

1 / 3