Best Non-flaky Waterproof Mascara for Watery Eyes?

My mom called and asked me to post this "on that mom's website you're always talking about." (I love this website and talk about y'all all the time).

So she knows she is going to change mascaras. She wants to know from real people (y'all, NOT a commercial or some paid celebrity) what truly is the best Waterproof Non-Flaky Mascara. She currently uses "CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof." She has one eye that waters often, and she finds that the mascara washes off and makes a black shadow under that eye, yet the other eye looks great. Also, she complains that she will see flakes of mascara on her face under both eyes.

So what's the best out there?
THANKS in advance!

It's Been a long time since I've used waterproof but I love Lancome's mascara. I use the hypnose non waterproof. My eyes water and it doesn't run. I can go swimming and as long as I don't rub eyes it does run bad at all. Expensive but well worth it. My eyelashes don't fall out or break like when I use "cheap" mascara

Hi Jess!
I am a mascara girl. and by far, when it comes to the more affordable mascaras, I am a L'Oreal Voluminous X4 fan. The stuff stays. I cannot stand mascara that clumps up, giving you 5 triangle-shaped lashes. And this is the one to use.

When it comes to non-economical brands, I will use Lancome above all else. It is my opinion that their mascaras and wands are the best in the universe.

Have a great day and lots of pretty winks. ;)

I posted a VERY similar question, not long ago.
http://www.mamapedia.com/questions/2087045332235059201

Good luck to your mom in finding the perfect product! Here's what I posted in my "What Happened."

Based on all the recommendations I had for L'Oreal Voluminous, I picked some up. Because I tend to sweat a LOT when I dance, I was at the beach, and I rarely wear mascara (so I don't have to worry about frequently trying to take it off), I opted for the waterproof. I looked FABULOUS, and not once resembled a raccoon!!

Per Krystal's recommendation, I used the Neutrogena Makeup Remover wipes, and they worked GREAT!

I'm liking Maybelline Great Lash Big right now.

Hands down, without a doubt, the best mascara on the market is Lancome Definicils! I use the non-waterproof and have very watery eyes and still it does not come off. Best part is it does come off easily when I was my face at night. It'll run you about $25.00 but is so worth it!! Tell your Mom to go to any Lancome counter and usually they have small samples she can try before buying. My sister used to work for Lancome and she got me hooked on it!

Lancome.... Any variety, but you will need eye makeup remover to get it off!!

I like the Maybelline products so much better than CoverGirl especially when it comes to mascara, I always find the CoverGirl to flake as well.

I love Avon's Wash-off Waterproof mascara.

I use Maybelline Great Lash waterproof mascara also and it works really well. I use it when we go to the beach or water parks and I use the regular Maybelline great lash the rest of the time.

I use only Maybelline mascara. I have used it for many many years and have no reason to change. Good luck.

1 / 3