Best Hospital in NYC for Giving Birth

I have no idea what hospital I should consider having my baby in. Can anyone give me a recommendation. I've heard good things about Columbia.

Thanks

St. Luke's Roosevelt on W.58th seems like a good option for the type of birth I'm looking for after reading everyone's suggestions. If there a doctor's practice someone would reccommend who likes to use St Luke's too - a Dr who would support a semi-natural birth would be ideal.

I gave birth to all my three children at Columbia Presbyterian, and each one was a very good experience. I'd recommend it! Good luck!

I had a wonderful birth experience at St. Lukes Roosevelt in their birth center. I had a natural birth and the room that I gave birth in was the room where my baby, partner and I spent the night together. The baby never left my side and I felt well cared for.

I gave birth to my daugher at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell on 68th & York Avenue. The birthing room is beautiful, staff is marvelous! They have great doctors. I had to have emergency c-section because they weren't getting a good reading from the fetal monitor. The staff rolled me into the OR quickly and when my daughter was born she had 2 pediatricians waiting for her to make sure she was ok. Thank goodness she was fine...but it was extemely comforting to have 2 pediatricians waiting for her. I truly love the hospital and recommend it to everyone. Three of my gilfriends had their babies there also and agree....NYP-Weill Cornell is the best. Good luck.

i gave birth at lenox hill but the hospital is secondary to your MD. if you love MD then see where he/she delivers. but he best are sinai, cornell, columbia, NYU

I looooooooved the Cornell hospital on 69th and York. The full name is New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell. Every birthing room is a huge suite, with a separate area for the baby and the pediatrician for the first couple of minutes when the baby is born, so it's all warm and ready for him/her. The big room is important not just while you are in non-active labor, but also, in case th emonitors tell doctors to rush in -- there is space for all the docs and nurses! And a comfy chair for your husband. Great staff, amazing nurses, docs, etc... Could not recommend it highly enough. It was a pleasurable experience and they made a world of difference for us (and four of my friends who've all had their babies there).

I gave birth in Lenox and had a very good experience with the staff following my birth plan, the classes they provided after birth were very informative and helpful and they were able to accommodate me in the private room for the 2nd night.

I looooved my experience at Columbia but part of it is also the practice you use.

If you want to have a natural birth, you should go to Roosevelt Hospital. Any of the other hospitals will make it incredibly difficult to have a drug free, sober birth for you and your baby.

1 / 3