Best Hospital in Fresno for Childbirth

I am no longer part of Kaiser, so I need advice on which hospital in Fresno,CA to have my second child at. Any advice? I am going to have a c-section again and would perfer one where you have your own recovery room. Do any of the other hospitals (Clovis, Fresno, St. Agnes) have this option? Thanks for your help.

Congratulations! I had one baby at Clovis Community and one at Kaiser. I loved Clovis Community...the room was all mine from labot to delivery to recovery. It was nice, clean, friendly, and the nurse on call that night turned out to be a former high school classmate. They even made sure they brought in a mirror for me so I could watch my daughter being born. I could not have asked for more!

I know when my daughter was born we prearranged for a private room for an extra $75 per day (insurance didn't cover). Clovis Community might be the same way. I'm not sure about St. Agnes.

If you'd like, you're welcome to join www.FresnoMommies.com (free) and get more opinions from our moms there. We're in Fresno County exclusively.

Good luck in your search!

I had both my son (2000) and my daughter (2003) at Clovis Community. They were fabulous. The nurses and the care I received were excellent. They even took care of my husband! The labor/delivery/recovery room are yours alone, until it's time to move out of that room. How long you stay in this room depends a lot on how many women are in the hospital ready for labor and delivery. I had a private room with my son, but had to share a room later in the day with another woman. Needless to say, we were there less than 18 hours before I asked to be sent home!

Your insurance will also determine what you are able to get. If your insurance will pay for a private room, then usually the hospital staff will do what they can to get you one. But, again, if the hospital is full, then you are out of luck. This is at any hospital though. Good luck with this next baby!

I had 2 c-sections at Saint Agnes and I loved it. They have room service and you can order whatever you want when you want. The food is really good. I had my own room both times for 3 nights. I thought the nursing staff was really nice also.

I had my first daughter in September of 2002 at Fresno Community. That was before it was merged with UMC. The attention I recieved there was great. There was one nurse there that I will never forget. She was very comforting and reassuring. I had my 2nd daughter in March of 2004 at St. Agnes. That was a horrible experience. My "epideral guy" was a jerk, and it didn't work. The nurses were insensitive and rude. Not at all a wonderful experience. I have heard a lot of great things about Clovis Community. My cousins twins were born there and they said that everything went really well. I also take my family there for any emergencies.

1 / 3