Best Grocery Store Cakes

Its been a while since I have bought a cake, I was thinking about an Ice Cream cake but at the place we are having my daughters birthday party they don't allow them and its too late to get one from a bakery (at least the one I want anyway) So I'm going to resort to a grocery store cake but I dont remember which one has the best!! Lol

Any ideas?

Surprisingly, if I'm gonna do a grocery store cake, I just stick with Walmart. Not only is it convenient since I stop in once a week anyway, but the cakes are surprisingly good. Always moist. Icing isn't too heavy or "weird". I have had "test cakes" before important parties at other places and have found them to be hit and miss. I liked one Tom Thumb, but not the other. Krogers had decent chocolate cake but terrible dry white cake (the one where I was). They also had lovely cakes but the whipped cream was SO heavy. Yuck. Albertsons, again, was hit and miss. Etc, etc. Walmart is always the same stuff, but at least it's good and you can count on it tasting good.

Albertson's is pretty good. Tom Thumb also has some good cakes. Sam's and Costco are always good. Costco even has one with a filling in the middle. Always a hit.

Well, it's not a grocery store, but they have the BEST ice cream cakes ever! Breusters on S. Cooper sells them for a very decent price. I think we paid $19.99. Although the Costco, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, Kroger and Wal-Mart stores make some very good cakes, there is no comparison in my opinion.

I always go to Walmart or Sam's to get cakes for my kids. I got a cake from Albertson's last year and that cake tasted horrible. It was hard and the icing tasted weird. Maybe it was just this particular store but I love the cakes from Walmart and Sam's.

I just bought one last weekend for a going away party at Tom Thumb and it was wonderful. I was thinking it was not going to be so great, but was shocked when it turned out yummy!

Sam's or Costco cakes are always really good.

So go to Central market on Grapevine highway towards grapevine...Oh my goodness, they have great cakes, priced the same as Target/Albertsons/Sam's club.

The cakes can typical with a children's theme or ornate with rose icing ornately atop the cake, they also have great chocolate covered cakes, etc, the selection is great and everyone is helpful.

I have always purchased mine there at Central Market and you should at least go by, if you want something different and at a reasonable price.

Good luck on your search!

1 / 3