Best Gifts for 5 Year Old Girls?

My 3 year old daughter is invited to a birthday party that is tomorrow and I had forgotten about it. We need to bring a gift for a 5 year old girl. I was hoping that some of you that have 5 year old daughters could tell me what some of her (or your) favorite gifts were that they received when they turned 5 years old. I'm still in the "toddler" mode, so I'm not sure what to buy and I'll have to do first thing in the morning. I love to give gifts that last forever (heirloom type), but I know educational gifts and just fun-stuff is always welcomed too. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

My daughter is almost 5, and she loves polly pocket stuff, barbie, anything princess, hello kitty, arts and crafts

We went to a 5-year old party in March when my daughter was 3 also & most of the stuff the birthday girl got was My Little Pony, princess (craft kits, games, etc.) or craft stuff. Good luck!

I have a 5 year old daughter. She is very girly. If I were buying a gift for her, it would be some type of dress-up clothes, jewelry, etc. She also is very much into art (coloring, cutting) and the Barbie movies. Those are her favorite. It seems that the little girls in her kindergarden class are into about the same thing. They all spend a lot of time in the "home living" center. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

DVD's/CD's are a good one, hair stuff or even Hello Kitty stuff. There are a lot of cool places at the mall that are girly.

My 5 year old loves Polly Pockets, barbies and purses. She just had her 5th birthday and the hit item was a sequin purse with lipgloss, nail polish and an emery board in it. Hope this helps!

Play food, and play appliances are good too; more of that "home living" stuff. FYI Tuesday Morning in Lewisville has a good quality wooden mixer (I'm going back today to get one!), and toaster sets, along with a wooden breakfast set. I think each one was under $20. They also had Polly Pocket, some collector Barbies (Producer Barbie, Art Director Ken, and a Production Assistant- can't remember her name), as well as some large, good quality wooden and die cast trucks and Boy type play sets (for the tom-boys). There were tons of other cute items as well. The store is sandwiched between Hancocks and Hobby Lobby on Main Street (1288 W. Main Suite 131-B;
###-###-####; Open Mon-Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 12pm-6pm).

Also Big Lots in Lewisville usually has Polly Pocket items much cheaper than what you pay at even WalMart.
My daughter has also been begging me for a marbel run set; a Rythhmic Dance Ribbon (sp?), and some puppets for Christmas(All can be found at Constructive Playthings in Plano- http://www.constplay.com/family/default.htm ; for map and phone).
RPocai

L.,

My daughter just turned five and her favorite gifts were play make-up, a Barbie, and a couple of arts and crafts sets that came from a toy store at NorthPark Center (can't remember the name...the sets were decorate a mirror, and paint a flower).

Good luck! I always think even for this age, a gift certificate to a bookstore can be fun - a trip to the bookstore to pick out a great little book.

ST

My daughter just turned 5 last week and she got this dog that wakes her up for school it is called Rescue Pet Wake Me Up. She also likes the Bratz dolls, Barbies, My Little Pony and anything that you can do dress up with. Books are also a great gift my daughter got a lot of 1st reader books for pre K / K.

1 / 3