Best Gift for 6-12 Month Boys

Can anyone can recommend some favorite toys for a baby boy? (6-12 month range) There are so many new ones out there, I wanted to see what you all have really loved.

I actually have a 10 month old girl, but I posted a similar request recently and based on the responses, I bought the Fisher Price Learning Home. My daughter LOVES it! There are tons of buttons to push and things to do and she has now learned how to pull herself up to standing with it so that she can reach some of the things that are higher up. It was worth the money because she never gets bored with it. A friend of mine has an almost 3 year old girl and she still plays with hers too, so they will get a ton of use out of it.

I am not sure if Baby Einstein still makes the following if they do get them. My son is almost 3 and he plays with them still when plain with our younger daughter.

Baby Einstein - stuffed tiger that counts and sings a song - you push on a foot and it counts the other foot and it sings s song.

Also the keys and phone from parents toys.

All sold at target

Happy shopping.

anything with wheels that makes noise.

My lil' ones love their Learning House...worth every penny.

My boy just turned 1 and has been playing with his Leapfrog "Learn & Groove Musical Table" ($39) since 6 mo's of age. He still loves it. Since he has started crawling he also loves his ballpit...if you have the room it's a lot of fun. We have the "ball roller" from ballpitplus.com ($38). I get all excited when it comes to toy shopping.

Anything from Leapfrog that has lights and music he loves.

My son 18 months and still oves his leapfrog learning table

There's a great new store at the Brownstone in Arlington called Boulevard of Blue. A friend of mine opened it up because she has three boys and was tired of not being able to find really cute clothes for boys. They also have some great stuff for moms. Their website is boulevardofblue.com. Check it out!

My son LOVEd his Fisher Price Gymtastics Playwall and tunnel. All our friends who came over to play ended up w/one too. It was nice for the pulling up stage (about 9-12 mo). Another thing we did...our son was 6 mo last xmas and we got some toys that were way advanced, but then in April we had fun opening some more presents (I saved them).

Avoid Vtech, Sesame Street (incl Elmo) and Leap Frog toys if you have a low tolerance for annoying toys like me. I HATE Vtech toys the most-they are so overstimulating and annoying! But, then again, I have a lower tolerance for noise! : )

One last piece of advice...this is probably the only year you CAN get by w/o spending a ton on gifts, so I would do it. Like I said, my son was too worn out to even open half the stuff I got last year. Mom and MIL told me that and of course I had to experience it to believe it, but in retrospect, I would save the $$.

R.

1 / 3