Best Diet Out There? What Worked for You?

I have never had a weight problem before I had my now two year old son. I can't seem to get the weight off. I also have HBP since the birth of my two year old son and so I have never tried the OTC diet pills b/c of this. I just can't get the weight off. I have a treadmill at home, but the walking doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. What is Curves all about? And all these other new places promising to help you lose weight? Are they legit? Any suggestions that may help? PLEASE!

Hi my name is N. and I am a mother of 2 boys. I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old. Weight Watchers has been great for me. The plan is simple and easy to lose weight with. I have lost a little over 30 lbs plus my baby weight. I couldnt be happier. I know you can try it online, but I would suggest attending the weekly meeting. It gives so much support and ideas about the diet. Good Luck!

I am a Weight Watchers believer! It is easy to follow and makes you consider/think about the things you eat that you really do not even realize are not healthy or good for you. They really focus on making lifestyle changes for yourself...not putting you on a diet. I have tried for years to lose weight and was not able to do it and keep it off til I found Weight Watchers and have lost 50 pounds; I have kept it off now for 3 months! I say try it out and email me if you have specific questions!

I have tried all kinds of diets too. Since March of last year, I tried counting calories. I got a calorie counter book from a local book store and have tried to stay within 1200-1400 calories a day. I also try to excercise at least 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes. I have lost almost 40 pounds. I haven't been very faithful with the diet lately, but have managed to keep the weight off. What I like about it, is that I can eat whatever I want, as long as I count the calories. So, if I want ice cream, I have to sacrafice some calories from some other part of the day. I try to eat 300 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch, and 400-500 for supper. That leaves 200 calories that I can use for snack or to add to one of the meals. The most important thing is to write down what you eat and the calories.. because sometimes we don't realize what we've eaten or how many calories we've eaten. After a while, you may not need to write it down, because you pretty much know how many calories everything is. The book I bought is called The Calorie Counter by Annette Natow, Ph.D. and Jo-Ann Heslin, M.A. I like it because it has almost any food you can think of.... and different brands.. plus a whole section of restaurants and the foods with their calories. This really helps, because if I know where we are going, I look in the book and decide what to get before we get there and don't have to look at the menu. If I want something that his unhealthy, I save calories from earlier in the day and eat a smaller portion. Anyway... good luck! I hope this helps. J.

Hi There
Last Year i Was weighing 240lbs 5'7.
I was Able to drop 80lbs and keep it off with
Nutrisystem and Alot of Dedication.Treadmills are Fantastic!!..I would only be able to stay on the treadmill for 10 min.at a time maybe 2 or three times a week...But I kept at it.I worked up my stamina a little @ a time.
It got to the point where I could not afford Nutrisystem any longer..But i Adopted the eating habits...and im still doing good.
Anyway (Moral of story)....Change what you Put in your body DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF!!Eat 5 small heallthy meals a day .Try the Treadmill At least 3 times a week,only if it is just for 10 min....Youll gradually begin to go farther in time.Try A website called sparkpeople.com...They give lots of great advice and its FREE.
I dont look at myself as dieting anymore....Its more like just changing your lifestyle.

Weight Watchers! My husband and I are both on it now, and it's a great way to realize what you are eating. My hubby has lost 30 pounds so far. I've only been on it for a week, but I just feel so much better. Also, it's a nice break for me to go and stay for the meetings. It's kind of like "my" time. So, make sure you go and stay for the meetings. You will lose weight!

I am a success story from Weight Watchers! I lost 45 lbs right after college and kept it off until I got pregnant 6 years later. I am now doing it again after the birth of our daughter and have lost all 40 lbs that I gained while pregnant. The support at the meetings is great and it is really easy to do once you learn the plan. Also, they will help you with the maintaince of the weight loss. They have an online program if you do not want to go to the meetings. If you decide to try Weight Watchers and you do the points system, be sure to eat your Flex points- it was key for me to lose weight. Good luck with you decision!

The only thing that worked for me was Nutrisystem. I had to be very disciplined and stick to the diet plan, but I lost 20 lbs. in one month and 15 lbs. the second. My sister and a couple of friends I referred to the program have had the same results. I tried working out, I would go to the gym everyday and the weight wouldn't budge...this was the ONLY thing that worked! I think it helped get my metabolism back on the right track by eating frequent small meals. Good luck!

I did weight watchers in the past and did lose weight with it. The problem was as soon as I stopped keeping track of my points I gained weight back again. I started going to Curves about 4 months ago. I have only lost 11 pounds so far but I have gone down two pants sizes. My body is toning up a lot. A big part of the reason I haven't lost more is my own poor self discipline! I have a friend who goes with me and she has lost 20 pounds in the same time frame. She also walks on her home treadmill on days she can't go to Curves. I like that you can go and only need 30 minutes to work out. The employees are very helpful and supportive. The price is about the same as Weight Watchers. You can go to Curves and talk to them and get a tour for free. You could always look into it and see if it is something you would want to do. If you have any other questions about it just let me know! Good luck!

1 / 3