Best Cleaner for Wood Kitchen Cabinets?

What's the best stuff for cleaning my wood kitchen cabinets? They seem to be coated with smudgy grime from little fingers always getting into them. What will give them a good cleaning but still protect the wood? Thanks!

I have found that any orange wood cleaner works well on kitchen cabinets. Good luck!

Make it a GREAT day!

S. S.

M.,
Try Murphy's Soap. I had to clean my mom's cupboards and wood trim all over the house as a child and this is what we used. It comes in a spray, or a gel, or a liquid. I use the liquid to do my wood floors now. It doesn't smell lemony though, which would be a fun plus. It doesn't smell bad either!! But it is a great cleaner!

Vick

I have had good luck with Murhpy's Oil Soap. Mix it according to the directions. Blessings,L.

Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner was highly recommended for our cabinets at our new home orientation 4 years ago. It seems to work good and get the job done! I also use it on my kitchen table and bannister.

It looks as if Murphy's soap wins and I agree! After you clean it, you may want to use lemon oil on it to give it a new look. It will appear oily at first but will soak into the wood. We live in Colorado where it's dry and that's all we use on our wood and it always looks great. Most of the canned sprays, etc. contain lots of water which aren't good for wood.

GOOD LUCK!

409 works awesome on my wood cabinets!

Mom used Murphy's Oil Soap, Grandma used Murphy's Oil Soap, & I use it too. Sometimes for the cabinets above the stove I use some fine steel wool if the MOS can't get it up. A magic eraser works too but it dulls the finish if you scrub too hard (not a problem in military housing but if it's YOUR house..)

Make it a GREAT day!

S. S.

Murphy's Oil Soap does a great job!

Murphy's wood soap? My favorite cleaner is the Basic H from Shaklee's. It gets everything off - even permanent Sharpie marker off my wood cabinets - and it's very gentle. You have to order it, but if you don't have a local representative, I think you can order it straight from the website.

Cheers,
S. L

Use dishsoap and water, use a green scrubby pad (I like scotchbrite) as long as it doesn't scratch. Then, with a cloth, rub the cabinets with lemon oil to hydrate the wood and keep future stuff from getting as "ground in."

I once moved into a house where the cabinets were covered in grease (from cooking mutton- it was on a sheep farm) I tried every thing including oven cleaner and finally green palmolive dish soap took it right off!

I use Murphy's Oil Soap diluted with some water. It's good at getting gunk off, but has stuff in it to condition the wood.

I put some Murphy's in a spray bottle with water and use it that way. You can just mix up a bucket of water (1/4 cup Murphy's to 1 gallon of water) and use that.

The bottle says 98% natural derived ingredients - I have no idea what, exactly that means. But having kids from 9 years to 6 months I have no concerns using this with the kids around. And, it's designed to clean and protect wood!

I would use MelaMagic to clean it, then to strengthen the wood I would use Rustic Touch.

They are both EcoSence products I buy online.

mother to Kai
www.ChangingStores.info