Best Bottle to Help with Spit up and Gas

Wondering if anyone has experience and/or suggestions about which brand of bottle would help with spit up and gas problems. We currently use Avent bottles. I don't think he spits up excessively so I'm not ready to switch to a differnt type of formula at this time.

Thanks for your help!

I've always liked the bottles that look "bent" so the air is pushed up out of the way. Playtex Ventaire and Evenflo are my favorites. I used them for my first child 3 years ago, but tossed those because of BPA last spring with my second child, I tried a few other bottles, but ended up back with Playtex and Evenflo (both are now BPA free).

Best of luck to you!

I 100% recommend Dr. Brown BPA free bottles - my son has acid reflux with projectile vomiting and these are the only bottles that worked!! Good luck!

My son was the same way and just like you i was not ready to change formula either and i never did. The best bottle we foung is the Dr Browns natural flow bottleit had a staw air filter on the inside that kept the bubbles away my son loved them. Hope it helps

I currently use Dr. Brown's and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them! I would buy one and see if you see a diffence. Good luck!

Hello D.-We used Dr. Brown's bottles for my son-he did have reflux as well. Another thing you could try is using a probiotic.(It is like the active cultures in yogurt) This will help to balance out the stomach acids in your sons belly. It also helps to keep kids healthier in general. If you have questions on it you can ask your doctor or a chiropractor. I get it in the pharmacy dept. It has to stay cold. So they keep it in the frig. And I give my son(who will be a year next month) 1/2 a capsule in the am 1/2 in the pm. Hope this helps! Enjoy your little ones!

My eight month old son was gassy as a newborn so we used dr.browns they come in a wide mouthed variety and a regular shaped nipple type.They completely eliminated his gas.The only drawback is they are a pain to clean if you get the regular nipple kind.The wide mouth variety is easier to clean and they are awesome!!!

The playtex nursers worked the best for me...I also tried the playex vent-aire...but I liked the nursers the best (with the collapsible disposable liner) I never have tried the Dr. Browns, but I see you got a lot of responses on that one.

i never used bottles with my son, but a child in my child care did and he had the bottles that you insert a bag into - they seemed to work nicely.

Best of luck to you!

1 / 3