Best Books to Read Aloud to Kindergarten Class

I am going to read to the class next week. Any ideas? There are 24 kids in the class (!). ages 5 and 6.

THANKS!

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! It is a great book that is easy for kids to participate in because the main character talks to them. The author is Mo Willems. Anything by him is awesome!

I read "Miss Nelson is Missing" to my daughter's class when she was in kindergarten. They thought it was a riot. http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Nelson-Missing-Harry-Allard/dp.... It is also a "big" kid book:).

Skippy John Jones...but you can only read it if you do good voices!!

I second the "If you give a...." series by Laura Numeroff. Love those!!

You Are All My Favorites
Guess How Much I Love You
There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat (good funny series and this one is Halloween based)

"If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" or any of the "If You" series by
Laura Numeroff http://www.lauranumeroff.com/
I have read those sooooo many times to my kids!

I love, love, love the Llama Llama books....great for putting in emotions! Also love Mo Willems books (Pigeon books are great to use emotions, too!!!).

I suggest you find something that either rhymes, has a great story, and/or is funny. Read it aloud to your kids a few times before you do it, it will make it much easier to change voices. GL!!!

One of my all time faves is called Hooway for Wodney Wat. It's a little lesser known but it is SOOOOO cute! It's about a rat with a lisp and it's funny but also good for discussion.

Another good one is The Library Lion. So sweet and also good for discussion but still fun.

Pete the Cat is probably a good bet too, lots of kids like those. You can't ever go wrong with classics either like Eric Carle, Dr. Suess, Berenstain Bears, etc.

My ALL TIME favorite is Dr. Seuss The Foot Book. You can really get going with a rhythm and it's fun to read and fun to listen!

The Recess Queen (I forget who its by)

I second the Pete the Cat books. They read these at the Kindergarten Book Fair & all of the kinders just loved them!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Is Your Mama a Llama?

Any Dr. Seuss book. My fave, "I wish that I had Duck Feet"

Ditto Skippy John Jones, with a great Spanish accent.

Ten Little Dinosaurs Jumping on the Bed

Any of the Pete the Cat books. My 5 yearl old LOVES them.

The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Harols and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Chicken Soup With Rice by Maurice Sendak

What a great question! Here are my suggestions:

Llama Llama Mad at Mama
Llama Llama Misses Mama
Llama Llama Red Pajama
By Anna Dewdney

Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina

Why Mosquitos Buzz in People's Ears; A West African Tale
by Verna Aardema

These are my favorites. Have fun!

Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten
The Kissing Hand
Kindergarten Rocks!
Kindergarten Diary
The Rainbow Fish
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Welcome to Kindergarten
A Place Called Kindergarten