Best Book for Expectant Mothers

I was given the book "What to expect when you're expecting" during my first pregnancy. I found it very informative but seven years later and second time around I'd like something different. What books did you guys really enjoy?

My step mom gave me The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, I loved it! It's fun to read yet still very informative.

I didn't like what to expect when you're expecting. I loved my Mayo Clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy. I loved that book.

I LOVE Baby 411 and would highly recommend that. It's super easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. We also enjoyed Baby Bargains- it's good to know what's out there and this book gives fabulous feedback and advice for shopping for baby stuff. And then there's Toddler 411, also fantastic. There is even a website that goes with this series.

I loved the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy.

I liked one called Your Pregnancy Week by Week

dr spocks baby book a must

Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
and The Thinking Woman's Guide to a better birth by Henci Goer

I have heard this one is good too if you want aren't as naturally minded but if you really want to learn about birth those first two will teach you ALOT
http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Childbirth-Newborn-4th-Co...

Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth - by Ina May Gaskin

Pushed - by Jennifer Block

I suggest Baby 411 by Denise Fields and Ari Brown M.D. Our pediatricians (NMPG) highly recommend this book. I am a second time around mom, too and enjoyed this reference for its doses of humor, concise and clear answes. The book is divided into sections (sleep,feeding,sickness,etc.) Rather than by the child's age. There is now a Toddler version available, too. Www.baby411.com

1 / 3