Belly Support Belts

Hi Ladies-
I'm currently almost 24 weeks pregnant and I having alot of problems with my sciatic nerve to the point that I'm in tears and can hardly walk. I just seen my OB/GYN on Tuesday and she recommended that I get a Belly Support Belt to help with the pain but I have no Idea were to find one. I'm looking for the one that is bigger in the back then in the front and velco's. Before I was pregnant I was in a size 16 to 18 so I guessing that I would need at least an XL if not bigger. Do any of ya'll know where I can find one of these where I can actually go and try it on?

Well I wanted to give ya'll an update on my findings. I found a Belly Support Belt at Babies R Us and It has been helping me. Also I started to sleep with a pillow under my belly and between my legs at night and this is helping too. I still have a little pain but now it is bareable compared to before. I wanted to thank each & everyone of you for your advice.

The nurse in my OBGYN's office told me JCPenny has it. Here is the website. http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemID=0ef5023&I.... I hope this is the one you are looking for.

I got mine at Babies R Us - they had larger sizes. You might also try one of the hospitals that have new mommy boutiques like Mother's Gift at Presby Plano - you could call them.

Here's hoping that you are feeling better. You may want to give the Motherhood Maternity Store closest to you a call. If they don't have your size , they may be able to order it in for you.

http://www.motherhood.com/home.asp?Media=&referer=htt...

I used a pillow to support my body while I slept. I found that it helped me immeasurably.

Take care!

DM

I had the same problem with my last pregnancy. I am sure it's from lifting your son. I was lifting my twins who were under 2 years old at the time. I got the belly band from the maternity store in Stone briar mall. I can't think of the name but it's on the second floor. I wore it for a little while and it helped my back some but it really hurt my stomach. It felt like I was pushing the baby with the band. I didn't like it. I wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.target.com/gp/search/184-###-###-####-###-###-...

They sale them @ Target! Good luck in your pregnancy and God bless.

I have used the belts before and they are okay, but I also have trouble with my sciatic nerve when I'm pregnant and I would also recommend a chiropractor & also massages, as much as you can afford. They are a luxury, for sure, but makes SO much difference, especially if you find a person that is trained in pregnancy massages & also with stretching & etc that can help you manage the pain.

My second pregnancy, I did NOT go to the chiropractor as I did with the 3rd, and I could hardly walk after labor (b/c of the nerve pain). It was bad....so take care of your body while you are pregnant and it will make such a difference!

Try Chiroprator. Annise Neidrich in Allen specializesin Pregnant women

S.,

I am a chiropractor and treat a lot of pregnant women with the same problem. I get a lot of my referrals from an OB-Gyn. I am not sure where you are located, but I would suggest you see a chiropractor. Having regular adjustments leading up to the birth often times makes the birthing process easier as well. If you have any questions or would like to come into my office for a consultation, I would be glad to sit down and discuss how chiropractic may be able to help you free of charge. I never charge for a consultation. My office number is ###-###-#### and we are located near Presby Dallas on Central at Meadow Rd.

1 / 3