Bedtime

Hi. I have a son who will be 2 on August 6. We put him to bed at 7:30 each night. My husband thinks we should give him a later bedtime but I think he is still too young. What time does everyone put their kids to bed? Thank you!

My 2 year old daughter goes to bed at 11:00 p.m. I would KILL to have her go to bed at 7:30!!! I've tried everything and nothing works. I say stick with that time; it's perfect!

Hi. My son will be 3 in Aug. We take him to bed at 6:30 read a book and leave the room by 6:45. He used to go to bed at 6:00. He is very active and still needs a nap. But he is up between 5 and 6:30 in the morning. He has always gone to bed early. I try to keep him up later but the day is hell for me. He is very used to his bedtime and I have learned no t to mess with it.

When my daughter was born she slept with me and my husband. She slept late in the morning so when it came time for kindergarten I signed her up for pm. She still slept in ate a late lunch and went to school. She was used to eating breakfast at 10 and lunch at 1:30. I had to begin getting her up early to eat breakfast so she could have lunch before school. She is now in high school and goes to bed at 9 to be rested and get up for school at 5:45.

I also have three boys; 14, 11 & 8. They go to bed at 8, 7:30 and 7 respectively. The youngest doesn't go right to sleep but he's to stay in bed quietly and he's asleep before I go to bed. I set that up so I could have quiet time before I go to bed between 9 and 10.

That is what works for us. Good luck,

Between 8 & 8:30 and they sleep until 6:30 - 7:00 -- both boys take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon .. sometimes a little longer. If your having a hard time settling in at night he may not be ready. We both work so we want to spend a bit of time too .. it's all on the child as to what they can handle.

My son is going to be 3 next month and he goes to bed at 7:30.

My 4 yr old still goes to bed at 7:30.. that said, just try it and see what happens.. after a few days, if it's not a good idea, you'll notice him cranky and tired, so go back to the 7:30 idea.. it's all trial and error..

It completely depends on what time your son wakes up! He should be getting 11-12 hours of sleep at night and still napping at his age for 1-2 hours during the day.
If he wakes up at 7:30 am then that's the right bedtime in the evening.
My older daughter is 5.5- and she's an early riser. She is always in bed by 7:00 pm. My 3.5 year old sleeps in a bit so she sometimes stays up till about 8:00 pm.
Kids need a lot of sleep in order to function and grow properly. Their brains process and file information while they are sleeping- so a lack of sleep can effect the way they learn.
-S.

7:30! If we happen to be out on the weekends & get home a little later than that is another story. But when we are home he is in bed at 7:30 pm. He is younger than your 2 yr old he is only 19 months but I think 7:30 is appropriate for your 2 yr old even a 3 or 4 year old!

Hi M.. My son will be 2 also in August. His bedtime is usually between 6:30 and 7:00. Unless we are out somewhere, but that is just occasionally. My other son will be 5 in August and his bedtime is 8:00. I have no intentions of changing them any time soon.

Hi M., My older daughter is 6 and on a school night, she goes to bed at 7:00. My youngest daughter is 3, and we were putting her to bed at 6:30. During the summer, my older girl goes no later than 8:00 and my little one at 7:30.Of course, if there is something going on, they are up later. I put them both to bed at 6:30 when they were 2. I guess it depends on your child. If he seems sleepy earlier, put him to bed. If he is awake, put him up later. Pick a time and stick with it, schedules and routine are very important to little ones........good luck!

1 / 3