Beauty Pageant Themed Party?

Hey mamas! Planning a huge party with a beauty pageant theme. Other than the standard tiara, sash, runway what other decor should be used? It's kinda over the top, face painter, caricature artist, pageant queen for autographs and pictures, bounce house etc..... The guest count is around a 100. Need ideas fr centerpieces etc. Flowers seem not glitzy enough. Oh and birthday girl is one and guest ages range from 1 to adult

Number one! I appreciate all of the great ideas the feather boas and painted heels are WONDERFUL and unique ideas. To those with negative comments: I DON'T APPRECIATE THE MEAN STATEMENTS AND OPINIONS! I don't recall asking for them! DIDN'T YOUR MOTHERS TEACH YOU MANNERS!!!!!!
SECOND! I am a party planner and THIS IS NOT MY CHILD'S PARTY. I myself would not do something so lavish.Hence the reason I stated "over the top" But obviously my client is not the only one who likes "GLAM" seeing as these vendors make a living from people keeping them in this business.

I just figured many of you may have had Pageant experience and looked forward to your great imaginations! Thanks again ladies who fulfilled my request for ideas. I think my client is viewing it as a way to bring the family together. She mentioned they have a HUGE extended family. Who am I to pass judgment on their wants?

wow...this sounds like quite an event for a one-year-old...what kind of party will you throw for her when she actually cares??? You could do center pieces that are mannequins wearing pageant dresses as long as they are up high enough in the center of the table...

Huge is an understatement!!! No offense, but this sounds more like a party for the adults than a 1 yr old who will never remember it and will be so cranky by the end of the first hour that it will be unbearable. Bring it back down to grandparents, aunts and uncles and the babysitter if you have one. But about 3/4 of the money you were going to spend in a savings account for this child's college education and enjoy the day. The focus should be on your daughter to commemorate the day. Giving her a small cake to dive into and be goofy and fun. A few gifts, not Toys R Us and clothes to grow into. Books to read to her.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this is way over the top even for a 16 yr old daughter's sweet 16 party. Consider the people you would be inviting and what expectations you are putting on them as well. Flowers not glitzy enough? Ugh!!

Flowers are definitely glitzy enough, just have the florist add glitter or jewels. Hang string jewels, lights and maybe an ice sculpture. Place cameras on the tables and have the guests take pics since flashes and pics are a big part of the glam. Just have the pics put on discs instead of developing them.

This sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad she will have no memory of it. If you start off this way, how will you top it when it really does matter? This is a great theme, think how she would really enjoy it when she is five or so? Sorry, don't mean to be a bummer, but it's an awful lot for a 1st birthday.

I did it for a 12 yr old and a couple a hundred quests. everyone got a sash (bought a giant spool of thick white ribbon and wrote each guests name in gold or silver sharpie "Miss Karen" "Mr. Sam") these were placed in a mini gray vinyl handled shopping bag (paperplace.com i think) with the table seating card, and candy sticks. centerpeices were on a styrofoam base with posts wrapped in ribbon and silver with a tiara on top with the table #.
Of course, the runway leading to a platform..everyone likes to go on stage (dance floor not even necessary, kids and adults seem to prefer the platform)

For her 2nd birthday i made a maypole (really cute, you can use a coat rack, cover it in ribbons, and leave a bunch of ribbons hanging), and musical chairs (big mistake, they cry when they get out), pink (disposible ) champagne glasses with strawberry milk, i also made everyone tutus (headband for the waist and pink netting sewn around it), they made necklaces as another activity threading that skinny licorice with fruit loops.
There are so many different things you can do that would appeal to all ages.

Wow - I'm not sure what to say other than flowers are beautiful and you could spray them with stick-on glitter... and are you going to be disappointed if the birthday girl is overwhelmed by this event and cries all the way through it?

How about glitzy wands in a vase like flowers? You could wrap the base of the vase with a feather boa for even more glamour. Guests could take the wands as favors at the end of the party.

At pageants they usually have money fans, and of course trophy's! As far as the flowers not seeming glitzy enough, either spray glitter or use lots of jewels in a clear vase and put the boquets in them. Or if you really dont like the idea of flower center pieces, use a trophy as the a center piece. One table can be "Best Personality" the next "Beautiful Smile" etc. That would be kind of a cool way to find the table you are sitting at if your using place cards. These are just some thoughts that came into my head. This party does sound over the top, but it sounds like so much fun! I would totally go! LOL Have Fun!

Flowers would be great, since all pageant finalists get bouquets. Trophies might be cute centerpieces. Some pageant give crystal or silver plates as awards, maybe you could tie those in somehow. Sounds like a spectacular party! Take plenty of pictures since birthday girl is so young, so she knows what a great party you threw for her special birthday!

1 / 3