"Bear Crawl"

So my question is not anything serious but I just wanted to know if I was the only one had a baby who crawled funny? The only way it can be described is a bear crawl, he crawls on his hands and feet no knees...it’s the cutest thing you have ever seen. I just wonder if it could affect his walking. He is pulling up well and even cruising from couch to couch and he will walk BEHIND his walker, so I doubt it. Any other mommys out there who have bears for children?
I thought it may have to do with him learning to crawl on hardwood floors?...

My little boy did the same thing! It's the hard wood floors. It helped him to start walking sooner!

My little boy crawled the exact same way and he has developed normally. He is now almost two and he runs around like carzy, can jump, and climbs on everything. It did not effect him at all.

When my now 17 month old daughter was learning how to crawl, we also had hardwood floors. She did the "army" crawl. Flat on her stomach and crawling like they do underneath those wires in boot camp. After a month or two of that, she started crawling normally and it never affected her development.

Hey N., how are things going with you? I think it is so funny when they crawl like that and yes it has alot to do with the hardwood floor! I can just see Necco doing that...he will be fine because it won't slow down his walking at all as a matter of fact it may even help him to start walking sooner so he can get off of that floor and his knees! How is everyone? How is Trinity and Destiny? Still having problems with the in-laws?? Hope things are going somewhat better for all of you!! Talk to you soon, D.

I don't have a bear... I have a crab. It's halarious!! She uses one foot and one leg laid in front. Hard to describe and easy to laugh about. She is now walking (normally), but it is too cute!!

Hi N.! My son did that and still does from time to time now. I called it my little monkey crawl! If he is doing that it will not be long and he will be walking all over the place. It didn't seem to effect my son so i wouldn't worry about it. What is so funny is that my daughter who is 5 now never did that but he did. there is a huge difference in boys and the girls!! good luck

My son does a crab crawl. I saw another poster's child has a similar crawl. It is very cute and I don't think it is anything to worry about. I mentioned it to the doctor and he wasn't worried. We have hardwood floors and I think that might have something to do with it.

My daughter does this all the time- we noticed she does it more when she has on a dress (the material gets caught under her knees if she crawls regularly) and when she's on the porch at home (she doesn't like the way the concrete feels on her knees, I believe). We think she looks like a little monkey! She just turned one on Friday and took her first 2 steps yesterday, so I don't think it will affect walking at all. We have hardwood as well.

1 / 3