Bean Bag Explosion Help!!!

My mom got my boys cute bean bags with Toy Story and Cars themes on them. Tonight while my husband left the room for 5 minutes, the boys some how popped one and we have little tiny white foam pieces every where, I'm talking the dogs hair, the toaster oven, the kids hair, clothes and skin, the entire house is covered in millions of these little tiny pieces. My husband could not vacuum it because it would stick to the vacuum and the broom just spreads it even more. I tried brushing the stuff out of one of my son's hair and could barely get it out. Has any one had this happen to them and how did you clean up the massive amounts of indoor snow?

They make those sticky roller things that are like a mop..........they sell them at Menards for around $7.00......... I use it for my hardwood floors and it's great. Also I'd try those sticky roller "Lint" things......... What a night mare!!! I'm so sorry for you; I can't even imagine what you're going to do!!

You need a way to break the static electricity...try getting the broom damp...to see if a little bit of moisture will help on the areas that you want to sweep. If you have some static cling spray ( do they even make that anymore???) that would help..Google "How to get rid of static cling" I did and it brought up quite a few pages...one suggests fabric softener sheets, hand lotion, hair spray....I don't know how logical those are for the indoor snow that you have to contend with. It looks to me like a spray bottle of water might be your best bet!!!
I wish there was a way you could take a video of this...and your clean up efforts I bet it would become a big hit on You Tube...lol.
Good luck to you!!!

Sorry--had to laugh when I read this but my first thought was to mist them with some water--would that make them less static-y and easier to vacuum up? Good luck. Kids!

I AM SO SORRY ;0 but I have no suggetions just my sympathies. maybe a glue lint roller or a swiffer maybe I also am laughing thinking better you than me SORRY

Duct tape, lint roller?

Because the air is so dry I would try using a spray bottle of water before you try to pick them up. Do you have a shop vac? If so, that is quite a bit easier on the balls! I am so sorry! Sounds like a JOY to clean!

Oh dear. I am sorry, but I am giggling a little..

If you have any dryer sheets, use them to wipe down the vacuum and the broom.. this will help keep the little beads from static cling on those items..If you have anti static spray, you can spray the dogs brush and see if that will help get those beads off of him.

Also painters tape (blue tape) can be used to pick up the little beads.. It will be a while till you do not see them everywhere..

I would also suggest you get the boys down on their hands and needs with some of that tape to also help.. You can tape it to their hands and have then gather the beads.. The can be "Sticky Blue, Hand Monsters" who gather up little white beads..

When my littlest unzipped a bean bag and got all those little beads all over the place, the only thing that worked for me was to use a little hand-held broom and dust pan and gently brush them into the pan and dump. It was slow going, but it worked fine. Good luck!

1 / 3