Bathroom Remodeled

My husband is redoing our bathroom this is our only bathroom in our 4 bedroom house.I want it to be pretty i'm wanting not do it kiddie like rubber duckies froggies as it was they will still have their bath toys novelty bubble bath containers etc.This besides my bedroom isn't for the kids so am I a bad mom for wanting something for me.They have the entire house

Make it the way YOU want it. You can always add towels and bath toys that are removable.... They won't remember the decor. Enjoy!

Well, I completely agree that the bathroom should appeal to YOU! AND I also totally disagree with the mindframe that the bathroom should be neutral. YIKES!

This is your home, this is your time in your home. If you like neutral, then go for it. But, I truly believe that as long as we LIVE in our homes, then we need to feel that ownership....and the time for resale decor is when we decide to sell our homes....not while we're living there!

So that said, do what you want!! Use storage to keep the kids stuff hidden away. Make that bathroom decor speak to you......Peace.

It's reasonable to do it in adult decor. Your children will grow up and out of duckies and froggies, and if you don't want to spend the time and money later to re-do it, it's best to do it the way you'd like from the start. Also, whenever you're renovating your home you should keep in mind it's resale effects. A duckies bathroom won't sell nearly as well as a modern and sophisticated one will. I work in the housing industry and we see things like that all the time!

Good luck and never let doing things for you make you feel like a bad mom! Good moms take care of themselves as well as their kids. If you love your kids, you care for them and do your best, that, is what makes you a good mom!

Let us know how it goes!!!

It's your house, you should do what YOU want!!! None of our bathrooms are using the kiddie motif either, so you are not the only one. Not to mention, I seriously doubt most kids really care. I think that as mommies we try to make everything "cutesie" for our kids, but odds are if they never had it that way, they don't know the difference!

Since this is the only bathroom in the house and will be used by all family members and guests, it should be very neutral.

You are not a bad mom at all for that... You shouldn't feel that way... Besides they will grow out of the ducks and the frogs...

make it saleable.....neutral can be beautiful & i am sure if the kids had to choose a room they wanted decorated for themselves, it probably wouldnt be the bathroom.........go all out for yourself

If it's the only bathroom then it really needs to be elegant for resale purposes. There are ways to make a bathroom elegant and still appealing to kids...one house I looked at had beautiful concrete countertops installed. They can add in any material to the concrete like crushed glass and, oddly enough, tin foil confetti, that are both fun and beautiful.

GL! And go beyond Home Depot to achieve a look that will last through the next 10 years. :)

1 / 3