Baseball Cleats vs Football Cleats

What is the difference between baseball cleats and football cleats? Can I buy one pair for both sports?

If I remember correctly you can use baseball for football but not the other way around or it is the other way around. One has very sharp metal cleats and cannot be used in the sport that doesn't.

Baseball cleats have a spike on the toe which football doesn't. Football cleats tend to be higher cut and better support the ankle. In our area you can wear football cleats for baseball but not baseball cleats for football.

The number of cleats on the bottom of the shoe and their shape can differ from sport to sport. Where we live, you can purchase soccer cleats to wear for both soccer and baseball, but you cannot wear baseball cleats when playing soccer. I don't know how football factors in, but you will definitely need to check with your local organization to know what they allow.

Check with the coaches. I don't know about football, but I know baseball cleats cannot be used for soccer, but soccer can be used for baseball. Baseball cleats have a cleat right in the front edge in the middle of the toe, which is not allowed in soccer.

My brother played both baseball and football and my mom always just bought him one type of cleats. Unless you have money to burn, I'd just buy one for both.

I played softball for most of my life and always just wore whatever was cheaper, whether it was baseball or football cleats.

depends on the age of the kid. for the past few years we have used one cleat for both football and baseball. But now that my son is getting older they are starting to really check on the cleats. Before it has just been cleats are optional. He is 8 so from 4 til now one pair has worked.

I would check with the officials at the sport office.

In soccer the front cleat, the one under the toes is not allowed to if we buy those because the kids like them we have to saw off that front cleat with a dremel. It's not a big deal but each sport has a specific regulation and size/shape/configuration rule about something to do with the shoes.

As a mom of an athlete of FOUR sports, I would say yes, they are interchangeable, as long as you are not using metal cleats in football...BUT, my son grows so fast, he needs new shoes for every single sport...GRRRR! Needless to say, we have a surplus of basketball, football and baseball shoes in this house (he is currently in an 11.5...and he's not done growing!)

Good luck and I think it's ok, but JMO!

1 / 3