Bar Soap for Senstive Skin

I'm looking for suggestions on a good bar soap for sensitive skin. My 18 month old daughter has very sensitive skin and eczema. I can't use anything with fragrances, lavendar,etc.. I've been using AllerSafe bar soap and can no longer find it. I do use the Airbonne baby line. I use the Airbonne hair and body wash as her shampoo and for her face. I like to use a bar soap to wash her body so the Airbonne last longer (because it's pricey). I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Thank you SO much to everyone for their input, suggestions, and website info. It's so nice to hear from Moms that have experienced the same types of things. I have a couple of products that I'm going to try. The Arbonne line does work well. I'm still washing and double rinsing her clothes in Dreft. I also give her oatmeal baths a few times a week. THANKS AGAIN!

My Dr. said Dove Sensitive Skin was the mildest soap on the market and to try it. He also recommended not bathing him every day. He told me only every other day. And as soon as he gets out of the bath, to not totally dry him and apply vaseline all over.I do and put on long sleeve-pant pj's right after. And he is soo soft the next morning!! I also tried this product since he had cradle cap as a baby and it helped a lot with his eczema too. Hope it helps!!
http://www.originalsprout.com/shampoo-conditioner/baby-wa...

My son has eczema. I use aveeno's baby shampoo and body wash for eczema. I learned that the bar soap hurt my sons eyes, ouch! The aveeno soap is tear free. Make sure you get the one that is for eczema, there are other kinds but they will not work as good. Also just straight vaseline, in place of lotion!! It works so so good. It's cheep too. I agree the airbonne stuff is expensive! Its also full of lots of stuff that is not necessary.

baby aveeno and dove sensitive skin. aveeno baby lotion has no fragrance either. DONT use ivory... that will dry her skin out. My son has sensitive skin and aveeno is a little pricy, but good. But the dove sensitive skin with the baby Aveeno extra moisturizing lotion would be good.

Hi N.,
I have experienced from both research, personal and my clients- ABC Baby Products by Arbonne International- I have been using all their products for 3 yrs and love how I can offer help to friends and family-

You can view at www.beautifulfreedom.myarbonne.com
I have Pediatrician referral letters also but the best way is to try only one product at a time. There is 45 day return if not satisfied.

You can order right on line or call me!!

My son has eczema and very sensitive skin. I like using http://www.vitacost.com/Dr-Bronners-Bar-Soap-Baby-Mild to wash his body. It isn't tear free but it works really well. I use California Baby shampoo/body wash combo but it is pricey. You might want to consider a filter for the bath and/or shower, they are pricey. We are thinking of doing a whole house filter because the bath filters need to be replaced every few months.

I knew my daughter would end up with similar skin like me...I have been doomed with eczema since a little girl :( Of course I have it "under control" now...but now Anela has it. We use Cetaphil bar soap and then when she breaks out from building immunity to it, we switch to the aveeno. We have to alternate. We use kukui oil which is amazing stuff!!! The pediatrician also prescribed Dermasmooth or Eczema oil, we've used it and it worked well, but she hasn't had a bad enough break out to use it again. HTH

I'm guessing you meant Arbonne, not Airbonne? I understand it seems expensive - I hope you are getting it at wholesale prices. I use it on my 9 month old who has eczema, too. The results have been so good that my pediatrician has started referring people to me. I think the results are totally worth it.

If it's just not in your budget, please don't use an alkaline product like bar soap. Skin is the largest organ & it is supposed to be slightly acidic to kill bacteria. Alkaline products strip that acidic layer (you know that squeaky clean feeling? not good) and leave your baby vulnerable. Also, please don't use vaseline or other petroleum based products. It's like wrapping your skin in saran wrap. It does not absorb & condition & heal the skin. An exception would be in the case of a severe burn - then you would want to wrap you skin in a protective layer but skin affected by eczema needs to be conditioned & nourished. Also, babies' skin is very thin & as a result, cannot hold moisture for very long so it is important to moisturize - especially with eczema.

Eczema can flare up in response to allergies, too. So I would start taking a look at your daughter's diet.

Hope that helps & if you do stick w/Arbonne, use the pump to wash & remember you really don't need very much. And definitely follow up with the ABC baby oil after bath & lotion in the morning - that's what my pediatrician recommends.

Hi there,
you have already heard it, but ivory soap is the best out there for babies.
also, what are you doing the baby laundry in?
I know there are organic cleaners these days, but dreft has always been the best baby laundry soap to use. wash the baby's clothes separately, or do all your laundry with dreft.
Mine had sensitive skin and my second one has eczema so i always double rinsed the loads.

1 / 3